Room for Rent and other rental scams
#39753 by Con Warner Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:09 am

Date: Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: $880 / 2br - Russian Hill Condominium with Direct Access to Deep South Garden
To: Con Warner

Hi,

Thanks for the email. My name is Tyler Trager the owner of the 2 Bedroom Condo you are making enquiry of, I've had so many responses so far, however it is still available but I do have one person who is ahead of you. I'll rent it to whoever puts down the deposit . Rent includes water and garbage. My company sent me overseas and will probably be between Africa, India and the UK for another year or so. The last tenants I had just moved out and my family and friends all live on the east coast so I don't have anyone available to show the place but I can send you pictures of the inside but will have to ship you the keys and papers.

Here is the house address:1345 Green Street, San Francisco CA 9410 ...Ready for immediate move-in!You can drive down there to take a look at it...i will be willing to rent my Condo out for the maximum of 5 years and below.I personally had wanted to sell the house earlier on.But after long time deliberation between me and my wife Elizabeth we finally agreed on renting out the Condo, because it was initially to be sold. But I really want you to take good care of the house, as if it were your own Condo.

I would want to know how soon you would want to move in, as I will be taking a 1 or 2-month upfront payment which mean the first and last months you will be staying in the house including some utilities (Water, Internet and Garbage). I am asking for $1760 For 2 month upfront payment Or $880 for 1 month upfront payment and I believe we should be able to help ourselves. including utilities because I want you to take a very good care of the house while I am away.

i will like you to go ahead and fill out the rent application form so that will can proceed further and discuss on how to get the the keys and papers sent to you via Dhl or ups e.t.c, also are you ready to rent it now or when?.So here is the Rent Application Form Below..

========= RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Also,Pls answer these questions below:

1)Your Full Name______________________________________

2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone Number______________________________

3)How old are you _____________________________

4)Are you married ______________________________ _____

5)How many people will be living in the Condo___________________________

6)Do you have a pet _________________________________________

7)Do you have a car __________________________________________

8)Occupation _________________________________________________

9)How long are you willing to stay _________________________________________

10)When do you intend to move in _________________________________________

11)1 month Or 2 month deposit needed ______________________________________

12) Pictures of all the Occupant that will stay in my Condo______________________________________

Pet allows.

I will use the information above to prepare the rental agreement , rent receipts and other documents. Make sure the correct information is type.Do reply with your both cell & Condo number i am going to call you if your application form has been accepted or call me after filling the rental application form. A package containing the housing documents, property address with full description. Including the direction to the place and keys will be ship to you once you both agreed with the term and condition. Call me once you fill out the application form.Here is my contact number: +2348136383947 or 0112348136383947....i will be expecting your call to know how serious you are in renting my Condo

Thanks & God Bless

Also uses the phone number: +2348071970151 or 0112348071970151

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company (see below).

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

I want you to know that you will be sending the deposit payment to my Church Secretary,I can only make use of his information in getting the deposit payment,and you will be sending it via Western Union Money Transfer Local Store nearest to you.I will like you to know that if you can be able to make the deposit payment today,the keys and the documents will be send to you first thing tomorrow morning by 9:30am.

Below is the information that you will be using in making the deposit payment:

You are going to send the payment to my secretary via western union .Below is the information to send the payment through Western Union Money Transfer Nearest You.Here is my secretary information to send the payment below:-

Receiver's Name: JOHN LUCAS

Address : 32/45 PANSEKE ROAD.

City : EBUTE METTA

State : LAGOS

Zipcode : 23401

TEXT QUESTION : WHO IS THE GREATEST??

ANSWER : ALMIGHTY GOD

AMOUNT SENT : $880

As soon as you send the payment from the Western Union Money Transfer is done, you would be given some information's. You would have to get back with following information so that i can proceed with the delivery of the keys via DHL COURIER SERVICE:

1. Full Sender's Name And Address
2. MTCN:
3. Amount Sent:

As soon as my secretary confirms the payment, i will send the necessary document and keys of the house to you through DHL and get back to you with the Tracking number and the arrival time of the document and the keys.And the package of the KEYS/DOCUMENT will be sent out to your address that you send to me in the rent application form ,.And you will receive all the tracking details tomorrow if the payment is done today,But please once again am pleading to you in the name of Lord Jesus Christ will are both serving to take very good care of the house as you promise.

CALL ME ON THIS # ONCE THE PAYMENT IS DONE +2348071970151
Thanks and God Bless you
Mr Tyler Trager
IN GOD WE TRUST

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement