> > > De : "McCarthy Stephanie Anne" <[email protected]>
> > > A : Michelle Banks
> > > Copie à :
> > > Objet : MY FLAT DETAILS WITH PICTURES
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your prompt response to me regarding my flat and for your interest in knowing more about it. my flat is still available and it's just studio flat but can contain a maximum of two people at a sleep, so if you have someone who you wish to share the room with, no problem. below is more about the flat.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Presented in excellent condition, this recently completed studio flat offers bright and spacious living in modern surroundings .
> > >
> > > Situated on the second floor of a well maintained development, the property comprises studio room, kitchen and shower room with modern fixtures and fittings. Canalside Studios is a fabulous development located on St. Pancras Way boasting an ideal location close to the shops, bars and restaurants of Camden and King's Cross.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The flat is well furnished and equipped with followings : standing mirror,CD - DVD - Video ,Radio , TV , High-speed Internet with WiFi,Washing Machine , Heating, iron and Ironing board , Electric Kettle,Toaster,Dishwasher,Refrigerator, Microwave and the flat comprise separate fully tiled bathroom with bath and power shower, and Off road parking space.
> > >
> > > Camden Town Underground Station (Northern Line) is close by for excellent links into the City and West End.
> > >
> > > Rent :£400 per month, all bill inclusive
> > > Security Deposit is £600 (refundable on your move-out date)
> > > Flat address: St. Pancras Way, London Camden Town London NW1 0QX United Kingdom
> > > Minimum stay: 1 wk
> > > Maximum stay: 3 years
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I have attached the photos of the flat with this e-mail so that you can have an idea of exactly what it look like and let me know if you like the flat. At present, I live and work in Liverpool but I will be happy to travel down to London any time that suits you for the viewing, waiting for your swift response
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Stephanie

> Message du 20/10/10 à 10h28
> De : "McCarthy Stephanie Anne" <[email protected]>
> A : Michelle Banks
> Copie à :
> Objet : Email me back now to proceed
>
>
> Hi
>
>
> Thanks for the mail and for your interest in my flat, it's my pleasure. I can come down to London any day or time for the viewing but as you can read from my previous mail that i currently live and work in Liverpool so I will need to take a day off from my office before i can come down to London for the viewing.
>
> I have wasted lots of money and time on traveling down to London several times to show people my flat but they will fail to turn up is either they cannot afford the rent or the security deposit required but want me to come down with the aim of renegotiating. I have consulted my lawyer and we have resolved that any potential tenants should be able to prove in the following way in order to determine who is financially buoyant and that he or she can stick to appointment when scheduled and able to pay his/her rent as at when due.
>
> So before I can come down to London to show you the flat, I will need to see a proof that you are financially buoyant, truly interested in my flat and not a time waster, I will not ask you to email me your bank statement or payment slip because i have been fooled with fake bank statement and payslip, what you are going to do is that, you will have to make the transfer of one month rent plus security deposit(£1000) via western union money transfer by using your own name as the receiver of the money while the name of someone close to you or relative will be the sender. here is how you do the transfer; you will go to any nearby western union outlet/shop very close to you with £1000 cash, when you get there, you will tell them you want to make a transfer using their service and you will be given a payment slip to fill, below is what you are going to fill on it;
>
> Sender's name: Someone close to you or relative name
> Receiver's name: Your own name
> Sender's address: That person address
> Receiver's address: Your own address in London
> Amount to transfer: £1000
>
> Once you fill it, you will give the form to the agent with the £1000 and he/she will give you a payment receipt and this is what you will scan and email to me for confirmation and i will call their customer care here in Liverpool to confirm and once i confirm that the money is available to be pick up by you as the receiver, I will buy my train ticket down to London immediately, email it to you so that you can know i will surely be present for the viewing and to know the time we shall be meeting for the viewing.
>
> I will be at the tube station to pick you up, take you round the flat and after the viewing if you are ok with the flat, you will sign my tenancy agreement form, we will both look for any nearby western union outlet very close to my flat and you will collect your money out with your passport, pay me face-face, collect the payment receipt with flat key and you will move-in on your move-in date which will be stated on the agreement form while i take my leave back to Liverpool that same day. I do not want you to have the feeling that I am asking for money BEFORE you see what you are renting because I know that payment is meant to be done AFTER you have seen the Flat and okay with it that is why I said you should make the transfer to yourself so that you will be the one to receive the money and pay me in person after the viewing.
>
> A little amount of money would be charge for the transfer but i don't want you to worry about that because my lawyer had advised me to be responsible for that for your own convenience, it will be refunded back to you immediately we meet for the viewing, so either you rent my flat or not, your money would be given back to you. I will be happy if you can email me back now so that i can know how to schedule my time in other to meet you for the viewing, i hope to read back from you as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks
> Stephanie

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement