Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36747 by louisa Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 pm
Saw the advert on gumtree and thought I would look it up and found identical emails. Thought it was too good to be true. Beware and do your homework.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2028&p=26737

Nice try.

Don't bother replying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 00:35:43 -0700

Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: STUNNING ONE FURNISHED BED ROOM FLAT AVAILABLE FOR RENT IN SOUTH KENSINGTON
To: Removed - Michelle

Hello,My name is Alex,the owner of the Flat you are making inquiry of.I used to live in the flat with My family and we moved out because i was transferred from my place of work,my Flat is Located in Rosary Garden SOuth Kensington,SW7 4NT and it is still available for rent at £350 GBP per month,the rent already include all utilities like Washer,gas,internet, council tax and it is Fully furnished(there is an extra room in case you are moving in with your own furniture). At the moment, I went for a Crusade in West Africa,therefore,i will like you to get in touch with my wife in the United States for more details & pictures of our flat because the keys and the documents of the Flat are with her.Please Where are you located? let us know how soon you are willing to move in as we are deciding very soon on who to take our flat. Email my wife Christine on ([email protected]) she will attend to you better.
Thanks
Advertisement