Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36593 by Con Warner Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:03 am
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: Stunning 1 bed flat for rent, Old Brompton Road, Earls Court, SW5
To: Con Warner
Date: Thursday, 2 September, 2010, 22:55

Hello,

First sorry for my late reply, My asking price is 880+100(including all taxes and bills) GBP per month and the first payment will be 2 months of rent GBP 1960,because the minimum period of rent is 2 months.The flat is very clean and i want to leave the flat to one person clean and responsible tenant.
For me is very hard to come in UK and if i will come i must be 100% sure that I will not come for nothing. As you can see in the photos everything it's new in the flat.I am working in Germany (Berlin) and I am here with my family.
As regards the viewing,i think we could fix a date i come in UK for the viewing and we reach an agreement.The property has a fully furnished kitchen,clean and well tidy sitting rooms,laundry room,and fully furnished with all home utilities like: electric shower, Lounge,Vacuum Cleaner,Toaster, Oven and microwave, dryer, iron, washing machine , refrigerator , dishwasher, power shower, heater, cable ready, tv set and dvd player,internet connection, equipped kitchen and all utilities.
I await your mail to know if you are satisfy with the details of my flat give to you as well to know and arrange for the viewing of the flat and arrange for the necessary thing that is also needed.
I wait your response.

Eve Wyatt
Auguststrasse 52
10119 Berlin
Germany

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union and they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement