Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36266 by sirmonkey Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:12 am
this one has to be from the same exact person that sent the last one using the name Laura Smirth because yet again its got a bunch of mistakes in it as you can see from the very first line.

name used: Tracy Micheal
email addresses used: [email protected] & [email protected]

Rosalinda SzliugaHello,
How are you doing today. I saw your advert on here and am interested.Am Tracy and am 30yrs old. work with a STOLT COMES SEAWAY.....in UK,I am relocating back to the United States. Consequent for my educational leave and also looking forward to have my Master degree in a good university around...i am searching for accommodation early and i saw your add on craigslist and i want to make a reservation for your apartment Or be a roommate. I can assure you that you will not have any regrets letting out this apartment to me.I am a quiet person and can get along well with any body,i am coming over alone,with no family or pets,i do not smoke and i drink very lightly.However i will like to know

(1) The maximum lease period available
(2) Exact amount of payment per month
(3) Deposit fee in applicable and other utilities
(4) Method of payment

I will be expecting your email as soon as possible..pls kindly reply me soon, because i will like to make the payment out to you soon

Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,
Tracy

seriously getting old dealing with this but ill continue to post them as i receive them so some one else doesn't get caught in this bogus trap..

btw i did do a search on the name that randomly appears at the start of the email. it comes back to some Icelandic lady that now lives in washington(same state as me go figure). but i cant figure out why her name would be in the email. maybe you guys would know or have seen this before.
Advertisement

#36270 by Michelle Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:48 am
Hello sirmonkey and welcome to Scamwarners.

Thank you for posting the details of the Scammers that have been contacting you, each one is quite clearly the start of 'fake cheque' scam where the Scammer will have wanted to send you a (counterfeit) cheque or money order for far more than you were expecting and hoped that you would cash it, and send his non-existent shipping company a large portion of the money before your own bank or cashing agent realised that the cheque or money order was bad and pursued YOU for the return of the FULL AMOUNT, possibly pressing charges against YOU for attempted fraud and money laundering.

- I have seen the words in the opening e-mail too many times before.

Each one that you list will help other's searching for the e-mail address.

What slightly confuses me is that each time that you post one you quote two address for each Scammer. You say that these are from the 'Header'. This type of Scammer usually use two addresses when one of them is a (Fake) relative or Shipping Agent. When you post the next one please include the Header that you are referring to, and if it includes any of your own information kindly remove it before submitting.

#36273 by sirmonkey Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:44 am
this is what shows up in gmail. only these last 2 i posted have i seen it show up like this.

I NEED A ROOM..........
from Tracy Micheal <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
to
date Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM
subject I NEED A ROOM..........
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

heres what the other ones have all looked like..

Room/Shared
from Mary Longman <[email protected]>
to
date Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM
subject Room/Shared
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

notice the second email address is missing..