Room for Rent and other rental scams
by carolcurr1 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 am
Hello,
I Am kate collen,I just want to confirm if you still have the Apt./ room for rent. Am from cuba…If the room is still available kindly get back to me with the maximum lease period available..? and the exacted amount for the room per month. What is the deposit? fee in applicable monthly, method of payment and other utilities, if the Apt./room is still Vacant answer the following questions again...
A) How much is the Rent...
B) Can I make deposit for the room...
C) Is there a Parking space for my Little Car...
D) Do you accept a cheque for payment...
E) Any church around you...
Thanks and have a good time.
Warmest Regards,
Kate

I answered the email and this was her responce, but i was suspicious.... and i was reading more on the IP address where was coming from, said USA, however she mention she was in Cuba, so was very suspicious, just be aware of this person....i see in here that is not the first time she has done it, i was reading that she was saying she was from china or something....be aware...here below is the second responce.

Hello
Thanks for your reply to my mail,You sound nice.i will like to be with a trustworthy person like you.i am satisfied with your terms and condition of the room, am 32 years ,am a quiet person and can get along well with any body,i am coming over alone,with no family or pets,i do not smoke and i drink very lightly i am currently working a fashion designer, i design cloths,caps and many more for textile companies. I am also an independent marketer for textile products.I have been here in Cuba for couple of months on a contract basics, so i will be returning back to USA and i would love to relocate to the apartment as soon as possible..i want to pay by cashiers check,the check will be mail to you as soon as possible to secure the place, it can not be cash over here.all you need to do for me is to cash it,remove your lease money and send the rest to my travel agent in the states so that he can arrange my flight ticket to join you over there,i wish to come to the states soon.if you accept my mode of payment i want you to give me your...
1]Full Name
2]Address
3]State
4]Zip Code and your
5]Cell or Phone Number.
i will be looking forward to hear from you soon.i will tell my Dad to issue and send the check to you immediately you give me the information.i hope to be there by next weekend and i am willing to stay for a year or more.
Regards.
Kate
Advertisement

by Arnold Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:15 pm
Hi and welcome to Scamwarners.
It's a scam. The language is strange, but this bit makes it absolutely certain.
i want to pay by cashiers check,the check will be mail to you as soon as possible to secure the place, it can not be cash over here.all you need to do for me is to cash it,remove your lease money and send the rest to my travel agent in the states

The check will be fake, the "travel agent" will be the scammer, and you'll be asked to pay him by Western Union before the check bounces.
Can you post his email address please.