Room for Rent and other rental scams
#35180 by Micha Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:52 pm
Hey,

I also got a message from this "Anna Attar".
I have posted a request/application for renting a room on "www.wg-gesucht.de". It is a german page for renting rooms/appartments to students or people looking for roommates.

First she sent me this mail:
Anna Attar ([email protected])
--------------------------------------------------------

I have a lovely apartment located in the city center of Stuttgart.The apartment building is surrounded by a host of supermarket and restaurants,lots of them in walking distance.The is lease is 300euro /Month/ A Room,including the utilities,fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker,micro-wave, dishwasher,electricity bill, internet charges and others.and 500euro for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room.

Kindly get back to me on my email if you are interested in renting the apartment so that i can send you the details and pictures of the apartment...My email address is [email protected]
Regards
Anna.

I than asked for some pictures and additional infos about the appartment.
Her answer:
Hello,

Thanks for having interest in my flat the apartment is two bedroom available to rent with private bathrooms ........ I'm Anna Rebecca Attar 24 Years old ,the apartment belongs to my late father and my mother have been managing and maintaining the apartment,but she is presently in London due to her work.

A little more about me:

I am a graduate student studying Art History at the University of Paris.
I am very responsible, very clean, respectful of others space, and like to cook.
I also love to make new friends and i will be happy to be your friend and i know that you will be happy to be my friend because i am nice,look,loving and i like to go out to have fun,and all other good thing.

The exact address is : Seidenstraße 39 D-70174 Stuttgart, Germany

Train: Stadtmitte

The is lease 300Euro for a Month/One bedRoom/including the utilities,fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker,micro-wave, dishwasher,electricity bill, internet charges and others.and 500Euro for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room.

I will like to know where you are from and when you will be coming to the flat ?Am confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you come into the flat while you will have your private bathroom..You can see the attached pictures of the room bellow........
Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the room,
Best Regards,
Anna.

The pictures from this offer made me think that this offer can not be real, so I google her name and found this scamsite here.
I thank you for doing this! :D
-----------------------------------------------
Edit:
I have looked up the originate of the IP-address from her/his/it e-mail and it the mails came from Nigeria. So this is another Africanscam similar to the ones on "this popular auction site".

Split into separate topic - Michelle
Advertisement