Room for Rent and other rental scams
#419159 by Michelle Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 pm
De: Brigitte Villas <[email protected]>

As you have recently contacted my daughter Diana, I appreciate your interest in our one room apartment (40m², 1st floor, backyard orientation) from Hörsterstr 18, Centrum 48143, Münster.

The rent of 400 € includes the water & WIFI bills.

The costs for electricity & heating (gas) are paid separately by yourself, according to your monthly consumption. These 2 bills won't exceed 50-100 € per month altogether, therefore the final rent will be 500 € max. (during winter time).

The security deposit is 800 €.

Anmeldung/Wohnsitz is possible, as I am the owner (this is not airbnb).

I am flexible with the move-in date and I would prefer signing a long term contract, but I am also open to your suggestions.

Cordially,
Brigitte

De: Brigitte Villas <[email protected]>

This is not a one bedroom apartment, it's a one room apartment with a private kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen is separate from the main room.

Well, if you're really interested and decided, you can secure the apartment from now on, and I will keep it available for you until we meet, of course.

It's unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view my apartment without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as when scheduled, has brought great loss to me.

I'm sure you are an honest person so please don't understand me wrong, but some tenants are not really decided or do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they disturb me to arrange a viewing with their friends.

So, my husband and I have decided to carry out a simple test on seriousness and financial ability before coming for viewing.

I want to be sure that when we'll meet in Münster, there might be a chance that we'll do the renting papers, sign the renting contract, give you the keys and return to my home if you really like the flat conditions. I will not ask for money in advance before moving in, I don't need any deposit from you or pay me any money at all.

But as a warranty that you really can afford to rent my apartment, I require that you arrange a money transfer, on your name !

Since I've used this system with my daughter when she lived in Germany, here is what I propose:

A family member must send you, a Western Union transfer with the cost of the security deposit + first month's rent ( 800 € + 400 € = 1200 € ) sent to you, and on your name.

This transfer will be a warranty, so I can be sure that you will wait for me in Münster when I arrive.

Example of transfer:

sender’s name : family member's name

receiver’s name : Your Name
receiver’s address : Germany

After the transfer is done, you will receive a receipt. You have to take a picture of it and send it to me attached through e-mail, as evidence. This proof will be enough for me to see that your interest in renting my apartment is real.

At my turn, I will book my flight ticket immediately and I will send you a copy of it. Then we can schedule our meeting in Münster.

Therefore you will inspect the apartment and if you want to keep it, we will go to a real-estate office and do all the needed paperwork. Then, we’ll go together to a bank branch that has a Western Union office and you will collect your money, and make a bank deposit in my personal account where I want to receive the monthly payment rent.

Please note that I will have to pay for the estate agent fees when signing our rental contract, as per German policy.

Thanks for your time and understanding,
Brigitte

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement