security purpose, I just relocated here in UK few days back due to my
new job and that is the main reason I am renting out the flat but I
can only send you the flat pictures to see and have an idea and
impression of how the flat looks inside so you can decide from the
flat pictures either to rent from the flat or not. I will be waiting
to hear from you soon. Here is my whatsapp number you can also add me
up to make it easier whatsapp: +447852406136

Hanna

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#422176 by francis8jan Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:09 pm
Hello Michelle,

Thanks for the headsup. I am new to Germany and was looking for an apartment and I replied to this Ad on facebook from the person named George Margret (https://www.facebook.com/margret.jesam/) and when I replied saying I am interested in the apartment below is the reply I received.

"Hi thanks for your message I just left a 2 room apartment. back to my home town, the rooms are empty now, but fully furnished neat with a private toilet and bathroom, the kitchen is also fully equipped. Each room is 20m2 suitable for couples or singles. The monthly rent is 450euro and Deposit of 550 euro. If it suits you below is the landlady (Miss Hanna) whatsapp number. you can text her on whatsapp now that you got her contact from me Margret the previous tenant concerning the flat that i just pack out. Whatsapp: +447852406136"

I then eagerly sent a message on whatsapp and below is the response;

"sorry the viewing of the flat would not be possible, because I have already left the country to UK for work and that's the main reason why am renting out the flat and I have the apartment keys here with me for security purpose, but I can send you the flat pictures to see and have an idea of how the flat looks from the inside, so you can have the impression of the flat from inside and then decide from the flat pictures either to rent from the flat or not".

After further conversation, I realized this isn't normal and something must be wrong and I just searched for the number +447852406136 and reached your post. I am glad I did and thanks to you for brining this up.

Regards,
#423310 by fynguin Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:01 pm
Hi I have gotten a similar message from the same phone number regarding a flat in Hamburg.

Phone number: +44 7852 406136
Email: [email protected]
Bank details:
bank code: 990270
Account number: 13784775
Name: Kate Kataryzna

They also provided me with an ID not posting that because I am sure the person is a victim.
I am still in contact with the scammer so in case I can provide some more information just let me know. Thanks for posting this here only realised the scam cause I googled the phone number. :D