Room for Rent and other rental scams
#384064 by Michelle Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi,

Thank you for contacting me about my apartment...The apartment is still available for rent.
Its fully furnished, could be rented unfurnished, too. Same price if unfurnished, all the utilities are included (water, garbage, electricity, heat, etc). Pets are allowed. The entire apartment is for rent and the price per month is $800.

Has elevator, washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, parking--1 Car, safe neighborhood, nice neighbors, very quiet, no noise, close to transportation and everything else.

Address:
4150 Rue de Mentana, Montréal, QC, H2L 3S2

The pictures are too large and will send you a link to see the pictures in my next email.

Let me know if you are still interested?

Thank you.

Niklas Noack <[email protected]>

Hi,

OK. Can you tell me, please, what is your desired move in date?

Please let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Niklas Noack. I live in Berlin, Germany, i am a plastic surgeon here.. The apartment was purchased for my daughter during her college and then we used it for short term rentals, then she redecorated it and now we rent it for long term.

My daughter is now in Germany, too. So, we have to find a proper way for you and us to safely get what we are after.

You can read some reviews about us and about the apartment on our Flipkey page from previous renters:

I have used an URL shortener service because the Flipkey link is too long, click the above link and look at our reviews.

See who we are and how we treat our guests to say so. Search about me on google, youtube.

Please let me know if you know this 2 companies:

www.flipkey.com -- a TripAdvisor company - probably you have used this company for your travels or reviews about destinations, etc, make a research online.
https://www.keycafe.com/keyexchange -- an awesome company for key exchange, find online articles if you haven't heard of them.

Read, inform yourself about this two companies and let me know.

I want to use this 2 companies for key exchange and payment.

If you ok with this, i will send you an email to describe how i am thinking to do this. Also, if you want to exchange IDs ok, if not, its ok, too.

Thank you,
Niklas

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you -have received Such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signing line and I will carry the details to the Appropriate autorités.

Advertisement

#384197 by Vboggia Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am
Really glad I found this! I could feel there was something off with this offer.
I reached out interested in an apartment being rented by Niklas Noack too only the address is 1535 Summerhill, Montreal, standard units go for $1,700/month, but his was $800/month due to it being difficult to rent seeing as how he lives in Germany.

Exchange of emails mimic yours exactly

Thank you for posting this!!!!
#395268 by ctadros Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:10 pm
I was frauded too by the same person. unfortunatly I transfered 1600 and I thought it was through flipkey
Any thing I can do?
Dear josee brisson,
Thank you for your booking with Flipkey.
Property information:
Name BEAUTIFUL APARTMENT ON 1535 SUMMERHILL AVE
Transaction Number 568467470910
Duration Tue, Aug 20-Sat, Oct 19
Base Rate $1,600.20
Booking Fee $0.00
Total Payment $1,600.00
Owner's information:
Name Dennis Von Heimburg
Email [email protected]

Allow us 3-5 working days for the payment to reach our bank account.
When that happens we will inform the owner to proceed further with the next steps.
If you want to look at your booking details, here it is:

This is not a monitored email address. Please do not reply to this message.
Thank you for using Flipkey,
The FlipKey Customer Service
#395269 by ctadros Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:17 pm
Le 8 août 2019 à 16:45, Dennis Von Heimburg <[email protected]> a écrit :
Hi,

OK. Can you tell me, please, what is your desired move in date?

Please let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Dennis Von Heimburg. I live in Frankfurt, Germany, i am a plastic surgeon here.. The apartment was purchased for my daughter during her college and then we used it for short term rentals, then she redecorated it and now we rent it for long term.

My daughter is now in Germany, too. So, we have to find a proper way for you and us to safely get what we are after.

You can read some reviews about us and about the apartment on our Flipkey page from previous renters:
I have used an URL shortener service because the Flipkey link is too long, click the above link and look at our reviews.

See who we are and how we treat our guests to say so. Search about me on google, youtube.

Please let me know if you know this 2 companies:

www.flipkey.com -- a TripAdvisor company - probably you have used this company for your travels or reviews about destinations, etc, make a research online.
https://www.keycafe.com/keyexchange -- an awesome company for key exchange, find online articles if you haven't heard of them.

Read, inform yourself about this two companies and let me know.

I want to use this 2 companies for key exchange and payment.

If you ok with this, i will send you an email to describe how i am thinking to do this. Also, if you want to exchange IDs ok, if not, its ok, too.

Thank you,
Dennis