Room for Rent and other rental scams
#394699 by Michelle Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am

Hello,

I've received your inquiry about my apartment for rent that I have on Petkovškovo nabrežje 67, 1000 Ljubljana.

The apartment comes fully furnished, fully equipped with all necessary appliances, very clean and tidy, with cable television, high-speed wireless internet, dishwashers, washing machine, refrigerator and underfloor heating. Well behaved pets are allowed. The apartment is renovated from top to bottom in the fall of 2015. Everything from beds, bathroom, kitchen is brand new.

The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 400,00 €- all utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, internet, garbage collection). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 1 month - maximum is up to you). There is also a storage unit in the basement and one parking place in the front of the building. (see pictures).

The apartment was bought in 2015, and I lived in Ljubljana until last month, when my employment contract expired and returned to back to Poland. At the moment we live in Poznań, Poland. I've been working as a team manager in the tourism industry for 10 years. I am currently working for T-Mobile.

Due to the fact that I am located outside Slovenia and with so limited possibilities, I have to use HomeAway for the rental process.

I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also which rental contract do you prefer to start with - 1 month or 6 months with option of renewal. The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us.

I have also attached a full set of photos of the apartment so please let me know if you like it. https://myalbum.com/album/YbkSs2ucE3Sd

Z poważaniem / Lep pozdrav / Best Regards
Sara Pawlak
DevOps Engineer
T-Mobile Polska S.A.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#395431 by Michelle Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, HomeAway will manage the rental process in my name. You can also protect your apartment now and move when ending your current lease or when you want to.

The first step (opening):

I'll have to contact the agency HomeAway and provide them all the necessary information so that they can begin the process of hiring. I need your full name, rental period, how many people lived there, your e-mail address, telephone number and a copy of your identity card or passport, that we can begin the process of renting.

The second step (reservation):

HomeAway will be prompted only the first rent (€ 400.00 - which is also the first month rental) to confirm the reservation (which is fully refunded in the event that the apartment did not like). When you confirm the booking, I immediately booked the next flight to Ljubljana, to be able to meet and sign a lease agreement.

If you rush to move, you can send the keys via UPS your current address. It goes without saying that I will not booked a flight or send any key before you pay the first month of HomeAway and confirm the reservation.
In case you need to leave early, require prior notice of 30 days.
If you are satisfied with the apartment, you only need to sign the lease agreement. When you move, the monthly payment sent directly to my bank account, or you can proceed with the payment via HomeAway.

If you find it acceptable, please send me the required details (first step) and I submitted your application immediately. Reservation confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address, and from there you can take.

Very important !! Please respond only if you fully understand the process, I was recently disappointed by rogue parties when it comes to booking. Do not forget that I have to pay a fee for the transaction and only in case you change your mind, I will not receive reimbursement from them.

With poważaniem / Greetings / Best Regards
Sara Pawlak
DevOps Engineer
T-Mobile Polska SA

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.