Room for Rent and other rental scams
#365586 by Bryon Williams Fri May 25, 2018 9:26 pm
Subject: Re: Olympia Home for Rent

Hello,

I am sorry for my late response to your email as i have been busy lately, It gives me great joy to know that you are interested in my lovely house, its still very much available for rent and ready for immediate occupancy. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because i am not too keen about the amount in renting the house out but to whom i am renting the house out to and i put the house up for sale before now but had to change my mind as my wife is not OK with us selling the house. My intention is to rent my house to someone that is responsible and be ready to take great care of the house as if it were his or hers, that is why the rent is low. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the house.

I would like you to know that i am giving this house out for rent because i have been posted to Nevada (NV,USA) as a Pediatrician (Kid's Doctor) and would spend couple of years before i would be through with my assignment here and if not because of this, I wouldn't have been renting the home out because me and my family resides in the house and we love the house so much. Me and my wife have decided that we would be moving back to the property once we get back to the states and that would be after 6 to 7 years that we will be staying down here, I would like you to complete the tenant application form below and please be honest with the details to enable us choose the right tenant.

Rental Features: Stacking Washer/Dryer, Hardwood Flooring in Bedrooms, New Carpet in Living Room. Parking for 2 Vehicles plus Street Parking. SEE PICTURES BELOW!!!

Rent Per Month: $1,000 (Including Utilities)
Security Deposit: $1,000 (Refundable)
Move In Cost: $2,000

HOUSE FEATURES:
House Type: Single Family Home
Large 3 Bedroom 2 Full Bath
Square Feet: 1,406 sqft²
Pets Allowed.

All utilities are included in the rent.

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

FIRST NAME:__________
MIDDLE NAME:__________
LAST NAME:__________
PROFESSION:__________
MONTHLY INCOME:_________
(CELL)PHONE:__________
(WORK)PHONE:__________
(HOME)PHONE:__________
BEST TIME TO CALL YOU:________
KIDS:_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY:________
DO YOU HAVE A CAR____(YES/NO), HOW MANY:________
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING IN THE HOUSE:__________
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE:____________
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING YOUR PRESENT HOME:__________
CURRENT LANDLORD NAME AND PHONE NUMBER:__________________

IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING:_______
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN:________

IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET:_____________
KIND OF PETS:_____________

HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE:______________
DO YOU DRINK:______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT:____
DO YOU
AGREE TO MAKE DEPOSIT PAYMENT BEFORE YOU GET THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS:________
WHEN DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS:____________

PLEASE NOTE:
ATTACH A VALID IDETIFICATION CARD

After i have received the above details, i will discuss with my wife (family) and let you know our terms and how we would conclude the renting process so you can move into our home asap. You can drive by the house since I am not in the State/Country and I don't have anyone to show you the inside of the house for now as our lawyer is presently in London, UK for a case and he is so busy right now but i can give you his number to call him, so if you are still interested let me know by filling the form above.

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. You can call or text me for more information on the rental (201) 537-3461.

I hope to hear from you soonest. God Bless You,

Robert Shepard…

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil...."Proverbs 3: 5-7.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement