Room for Rent and other rental scams
#341591 by Michelle Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 pm
"James Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello!

Thank you for your interested in my apartment.
This is a rental for the entire home! It's a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms.

The utilities (cold / hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV) are included in the price of $500 / month. The kitchen is fully equipped and the large windows provide plenty of light and the in-house. The washer and dryer allow you to do laundry in the comfort of your own home.

The apartment address is: 1500 River Shore Dr, Louisville, KY 40206
Here you can see some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/9sYBp

Monthly rent with all the utilities included: $500.00
Security Deposit: $500.00 ( this money you will have it back in the same day when you will leave the apartment )
You need $1,000.00 to move in this apartment
Available from October 16, 2017
I am interested to rent my apartment for a long period of time.

Before going any further, I would like to know more about you, like how many people will live in the apartment and for how long?

"James Smith" <[email protected]>

Hello again,

My name is James A Smith, born in Charlotte, NC. I am Deputy Director General in Skyscanner. com. I have worked in Louisville, KY the last five years and I bought this apartment during my stay in Louisville. I'm renting the apartment for an unlimited time, but now the home is busy and will be available from October 16, 2017.

I have lived in this apartment for five years, and it's like a second home for me, I need someone to take good care of it. I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my house and take excellent care of it. I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.

The money is not the main problem, but I want you to keep it tidy all the time.

Now I am back to my family in Charlotte, and I am looking to rent my apartment. My job does not allow me to leave Charlotte where I am now even for a single day. We just hired new staff, and I am in charge of their training, but this will not affect you at all. I can arrange to rent the apartment from here, using Airbnb. If you are interested, please email me back so I can explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Best wishes!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#341873 by JurQueen Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:30 pm
I thankfully noticed how he wasn't responding to any of my questions and seems really suspicious.

[email protected]

Hello!

Thank you for your interested in my apartment.
This is a rental for the entire home! It's a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms.

The utilities (cold / hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV) are included in the price of $500 / month. The kitchen is fully equipped and the large windows provide plenty of light and the in-house. The washer and dryer allow you to do laundry in the comfort of your own home.

The apartment address is: 900 Farnam St, Omaha, NE 68102
Here you can see some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/9sYBp

Monthly rent with all the utilities included: $500.00
Security Deposit: $300.00 ( this money you will have it back in the same day when you will leave the apartment )
You need $800.00 to move in this apartment
Available from October 16, 2017
I am interested to rent my apartment for a long period of time.

Before going any further, I would like to know more about you, like how many people will live in the apartment and for how long?

SECOND EMAIL >

Hello again,

My name is James A Smith, born in Charlotte, NC. I am Deputy Director General in Skyscanner. com. I have worked in Omaha, NE the last five years and I bought this apartment during my stay in Omaha. I'm renting the apartment for an unlimited time, but now the home is busy and will be available from October 16, 2017.

I have lived in this apartment for five years, and it's like a second home for me, I need someone to take good care of it. I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my house and take excellent care of it. I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.

The money is not the main problem, but I want you to keep it tidy all the time.

Now I am back to my family in Charlotte, and I am looking to rent my apartment. My job does not allow me to leave Charlotte where I am now even for a single day. We just hired new staff, and I am in charge of their training, but this will not affect you at all. I can arrange to rent the apartment from here, using Airbnb. If you are interested, please email me back so I can explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Best wishes!

THIRD EMAIL

Hello again,

Please let me explain in few words how we can complete this deal through Airbnb:

The first thing I need to register this contract through Airbnb and I need some details from you:

- your complete name;
- Cell phone and Work phone;
- Profession;
- Your complete present address;
- How many adults will live in the apartment;
- The date when you want to move ( it have to be after October 16, 2017 ). The apartment is busy now.
- The period you want to rent the apartment ( I'm interested in renting for a long period );
- If you have a pet. What kind of pet?
- Habits: Do you smoke? Do you drink?
- A copy of your ID ( optional ).

After I receive your details, I will list the apartment on Airbnb, and they will send you the link where you need to complete the payment for your reservation, $800.00.

Once the reservation is confirmed, you will meet with an Airbnb agent, on the arrival date, in front of the building, and he will give you the keys and show you the apartment. Also, you will sign all the papers and documents. If it's something you don't like it, or if the apartment isn't as described you will receive a full refund, with no further questions in 24 hours. But I am 100% sure that you will love this apartment, and this won't happen.

Thanks! James Allen Smith
#341874 by Bryon Williams Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:56 pm
Domain Name: SKYSCANNER-SMITH.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2167397597_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.google.com
Registrar URL: http://domains.google.com
Updated Date: 2017-09-25T19:39:08Z
Creation Date: 2017-09-25T19:39:08Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-09-25T19:39:08Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#342275 by TeeoH Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:56 pm
i was a subject to this scam . I actually needed to find a place to live and this guy created a fake registration with an Airbnb link . Scammed me right out of my money. If there is anything further that I can do to help present emails etc. to prevent this scam from happening to anyone else.
#342278 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 am
We are sorry you are a victim to this scam.

Post the emails sent to you. Remove your personal information prior to submitting. This will help others.

Our best advice.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/