Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#160827 by dhharsen Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:36 pm
Our family has been looking for a new puppy, we posted an ad on our local Kijiji site, that night we got an email from [email protected] who said that "she" had to find a home for her 2 shih tzu puppies as they were not allowed in their new apartment in Minnesota...like suckers we fell for it...kind of...this person was trying to get us to "adopt" these puppies, she didn't want to sell her "babies" all we needed to do was pay for the transport of them which was $360, we emailed back that we didn't want 2 puppies and couldn't afford them, but thanks anyhow...we received an e mail back saying that we could just get 1 for $190 transport fee...I asked for some recent pics of the puppy...and was told that they didn't have any recent ones (the puppies were supposedly 13 weeks old) but would send some the next day after we asked again for some pics...the next day we received pics that were professionally done...looking back they were obviously just pulled from the internet...we emailed her wondering what was involved in transporting the puppy...this person then sent us an email saying that all we had to do was send our name, address & phone# and the closest airport to us and when the info was received would go and look for a good delivery company but that we would send the payment of $190 to the delivery company directly and the money needed to be sent before any arrangements would take place. I then asked about any vaccinations the puppy had or needed so that I could make an appointment with our vet...that question was never answered...I also asked what company would be delivering the puppy...never got an answer to that either...then we were sent the payment info as follows:

AMOUNT...........$190
NAMES.............SERGE NFORKEMBA
COUNTRY..........USA
STATE..............MINNESOTA
CITY................ST PAUL
ZIP POSTAL CODE.55411

and to make the payment via Moneygram, and to email the sender's name and reference #...I asked if the address was through a reputable company so that the puppy wasn't in danger during transport...never got an answer to that....then I asked for the person's name address and phone# , since all communication was through e mail I wanted some security (I thought)
the name, address and phone# are as follows:
Misrain Estudillo
204 Summit Ave.
St Paul, MN
+1-347-696-1866
I foolishly believed that if the info was given it was legitimate. I sent the money then decided to call this person instead of emailling the information...it was sent directly to voice mail. I thought nothing of it...and sent the email instead...got one back asking when we wanted the puppy delivered...I said the next day and was waiting to hear what time he would arrive...the next morning got an email saying that pet insurance was needed and we would have to pay $360 to get the puppy delivered...we then said that we would not pay that and that we wanted our money back...so far we have gotten emails saying that the person could pay $160 towards the insurance but we would still have to pay $200...we said we would not pay any more money until the puppy was in our home...we are still waiting...
Advertisement

#160829 by dhharsen Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:43 pm
post script to this:
the address that the insurance payment was to be sent to was:
NAME...JASON MCCOY
COUNTRY...CAMEROON
STATE...YAOUNDE
CITY...CENTRE
ZIP/AREA CODE...00237
TEST QUESTION...WHEN
ANSWER...TODAY

PHONE# +13034989221
011237-97624170
#160833 by Mike Wilson Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:17 am
Hello dhharsen and welcome to Scamwarners,

As you have found out this is a scam and the puppies do not exist. The request for the insurance payment is a complete scam and an attempt to get more money from you.

The telephone number +1-347-696-1866 resolves to New York.
The telephone number +13034989221 resolves to Colorado
The telephone number 237-97624170 is a mobile telephone in Cameroon, Africa

The best thing to do now is to stop all communication with these scammers.

Please post the email requesting the insurance payment and be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

If you have other questions about this scam please post them on the forum.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#161225 by Mike Wilson Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am
Date: Apr 5, 2013 6:46 AM
Subject: !!!CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT. URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED ABOUT YOUR SHIH TZU PUPPY !!!
To: <Removed>

INSURANCE BILL

***INSURANCE REQUIRED FOR PARCEL No. 075-87556TX/78***

HERE IS THE AIRLINE'S "PetSecure" Pet Health Insurance Company Ltd. AND HEALTH CARE DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR PET TRANSPORTATION . ALL OF OUR SIRES ARE CERTIFIED THROUGH THE AKC DNA CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. WE GUARANTEE THE PURE BREED PUPPY LINEAGE. THE "PetSecure" Pet Health Insurance Company Ltd., IS NOW IN CHARGE OF YOUR PUPPY'S HEALTH COVERAGE ON THIS TRIP FOLLOWING OUR INSURANCE POLICIES..

ATTENTION:
I, Mr. MOSS FRANK, INSPECTORATE OF THE "PetSecure" Pet Health Insurance Company Ltd. AND PET HEALTH CARE DEPARTMENT WISHES TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR DOG (SHIH TZU PUPPY ) FROM . MISRAIN ESTUDILLO IS NOW REGISTERED AND HAS BEEN CHECKED TO MEET THE INTER REQUIREMENT FOR SHIPPING. ALSO ALL HEALTH PAPERS ARE AVAILABLE BUT WE REALIZE ONE PROBLEM AT THE CHECK UP AT THE VET DEPARTMENT THIS MORNING .THE PUPPY HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED TO LEAVE MINNESOTA
DUE TO A NON- INTER-SHIPPING INSURANCE POLICY LICENSE.

GENERAL HEALTH WARRANTY..

YOUR PET IS GUARANTEED TO BE HEALTHY, THAT IS TO SAY THERE ARE NO HEALTH PROBLEMS.
HOWEVER FOR THIS WARRANTY TO BE EFFECTIVE, YOU MUST:
-TAKE YOUR PET TO A LICENSED VETERINARIAN PROMPTLY AND
-NOTIFY US WITHIN (24) HOURS FROM THE TIME OF SHIPMENT OF ANY MAJOR PROBLEM.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES HOWEVER WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EXPENSES INCURRED.

THE PUPPY WENT IN FOR CHECK-UP AT THE AIRLINES INSURANCE AND HEALTH CARE CHECKING AT THE MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL PET AIR DELIVERY AGENCY AND WE JUST DISCOVERED THE FOLLOWING.

1: PET INSURANCE LICENSE. THE "PetSecure" Pet Health Insurance Company Ltd.
REIMBURSEMENT PAPERS FOR THE PUPPY HAS TO BE RENEWED AND PAID BEFORE SHIPPING.
WE REQUIRE THE INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT COST FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PET ON THE FLIGHT IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEM AS THE PUPPY WILL BE TAKING A TRANSIT FLIGHT.
THE INSURANCE COST IS REFUNDABLE BY THE DELIVERY AGENT UPON HIS/HER ARRIVAL FOR THE HOME DELIVERY.
A "PetSecure" Pet Health Insurance Company Ltd. PET INSURANCE POLICY PROVIDES REIMBURSEMENT COVERAGE FOR YOUR PETS ELIGIBLE MEDICAL TREATMENTS, SURGERIES, LAB FEES, X-RAYS, PRESCRIPTIONS AND MORE, SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE DECISIONS FOR YOUR PET BASED ON YOUR VETERINARIAN'S RECOMMENDATION, RATHER THAN ON THE COST OF TREATMENT.

THE INSURANCE COST IS REFUNDABLE UPON PRESENTATION OF A VALID IDENTIFICATION PAPER, BE IT A DRIVERS LICENSE OR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD..... WE JUST NEED THIS INSURANCE AS A COVER FOR THE PUPPY ON TRANSIT.
THIS IS A REQUIRED PET INSURANCE AND IS VALID FOR 6 MONTHS PERIOD.

2: PETS CHECKED UP. ALL PETS AND ANIMALS ARE CHECKED UP AT THE PET BAGGAGE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO SHIPMENT. A VET DOCTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AND IT IS DONE TO ENSURE THE PUPPY HAS MEET UP WITH INTERNATIONAL REGULATIONS ON ALL VET CERTIFICATES AND HEALTH PAPERS.
A: TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DOG IS UP TO DATE ON ALL VACCINATION.
B: IT WILL HELP TO KNOW IF THE PUPPY HAS ALL THE RABIES SHOTS OR NOT.
C: WILL HELP TO KNOW THAT THE PUPPY HAS ALL AVAILABLE HEALTH PAPERS AND CERTIFICATE TO MAKE SURE THAT NO QUARANTINE WILL TAKE PLACE WHEN THEY ARRIVE YOUR AIRPORT .
ALL THE ABOVE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR SHIPPING.
(except the Refundable Insurance License which is Required)

REASONS FOR PET HEALTH INSURANCE.

THE BEST PET INSURANCE PROTECTS YOUR DOG AGAINST SOMETHING THAT:
1.YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN
2.IS UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN
3.COMES WITHOUT WARNING
4.IS EXPENSIVE.

THE PUPPY TOOK SOME VACCINES THAT HAS TO GUARANTEE HIS SAFETY ON THE FLIGHT.
ALL THESE IS TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR DOG UPON ARRIVAL AND DELIVERY.

YOUR PUPPY HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THIS FLIGHT BECAUSE OF THE REFUNDABLE INSURANCE AND VACCINES AS OUTLINED BELOW;

-INSURANCE..................... $300 (Refundable)
-VACCINES AND BILLING FOR THE TEST BY VET................................$60 (Non-Refundable)
TOTAL....................................................... ............................................................. ...$360
(OF WHICH $300 WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU IN FULL AND CASH UPON DELIVERY).

!)NOTE : AS SOON AS WE CONFIRM PAYMENT OF THIS LIFE INSURANCE COVER FOR YOUR PUPPY WE WILL PROCEED WITH THE BOARDING OF YOUR PUPPY ON THE FIRST AVAILABLE FLIGHT TO YOUR LOCATION TODAY AND THIS PUPPY WILL BE DELIVERED AT YOUR HOME THIS EVENING AND YOUR MONEY REFUNDED BACK TO YOU IN CASH.

!!)NOTE : PAYMENT OF THIS REFUNDABLE INSURANCE SUM IS TO BE MADE USING WESTERN UNION AS BELOW.SO HERE IS THE WESTERN UNION ADDRESS BELOW THAT YOU WILL USE TO SEND THE MONEY FOR THE REFUNDABLE INSURANCE OF YOUR PUPPY.

Name:.......................JASON MCCOY
State:.....................Yaounde
City:........................Centre
Zip Code/Area code..............00237

TEST QUESTION..........WHEN
ANSWER...............TODAY

YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED BACK TO YOU IN CASH UPON ARRIVAL AND DELIVERY OF YOUR PUPPY AT YOUR DOOR STEP.

!!NOTE : YOU WILL HAVE TO EMAIL US BACK FOR CONFIRMATION WITH FULL MONEY TRANSFER THAT IS THE M.T.C.N NUMBER AND THE NAMES THAT YOU USE TO SEND THE MONEY AND A SCAN COPY OF THE PAYMENT RECEIPT.

THANKS FOR USING OUR SERVICES.
The management.
+13034989221
011237-97624170

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#164710 by Henderson Cooper Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm
People from Africa Use every Body and try to get money any way they could. The fact is, they send job post and job openings on emails to a lot of people worldwide, and who ever falls for the easy job is going to be used as a pick up agent. These pick up agents are not the scammers, they are just convinced to help get the money for Africans. It takes a while for the pick up agents to even notice they are helping in a scam. It goes a long way. Maybe some research should be done before considering posts like this. I personally have helped picked up money before I ever knew I was helping in a scam. Be Careful with your business, and try to post the necessary. Most of these pick up agents don't know Whats going on. They are just convinced and trying to Help the poor.
Thank you
Regards
#164740 by Dotti Tue May 07, 2013 11:50 pm
Welcome Henderson,

I'm sorry that you got mixed up on one of these scams.

Mike has posted a scam email that has undoubtedly been sent to dozens, if not hundreds, of potential victims. The simple reality is that if the scammer is handing a name out to victims and instructing them to send money to that name, then potential victims need to be able to find that information to prevent being scammed themselves.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#194194 by caneos Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:30 pm
DEAR MR/MRS <Removed> MW

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT , WE HAVE A ( FEMALE AND MALE SIBERIAN HUSKY PUPPIES) BY NAME MICKI AND CINDY IN OUR AGENCY FLYPETAIR DELIVERY AGENCY FROM Mrs CRISTINA MARTA RESIDENCE IN HONG KONG TO BE TRANSPORTED AND DELIVERED TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS IN PHILIPPINES SO CHECK ON YOUR DELIVERY DETAILS BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE BALANCE PAYMENT OF THE DELIVERY FEE OF YOUR PUPPIES AS YOUR SENDER HAS ALREADY MADE A DEPOSIT,

DELIVERY ADDRESS;
<Removed> MW

PUPPY'S DESCRIPTION
BREED- FEMALE AND MALE SIBERIAN HUSKY PUPPIES
PUPPY ID-APF/001/FL/07-APF/001/CO/08
PUPPY'S DOCUMENTS
A KC REG. CERTIFICATE
VET CERTIFICATES
SHOT RECORDS
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
FEEDING MANUAL
MICROCHIP SENSOR MANUAL
OTHERS
PETS TOYS
PETS CRATES
FIRST AID
MICROCHIP SENSOR

These Puppies will come with all necessary papers needed, But as the Veterinarians must conduct another tests to be sure of their health it was done ,so the puppies are now ready for home Delivery. But it should be noted that this home Delivery cannot be carried out unless the balance fee for the home delivery of (4000 PESOS). This payment is to be made as soon as possible so that the puppies can be placed on the next available pet flight, directives on how to send payment are as below . Also make sure you check the located store we located to make sure you do not make any mistakes during payment.

DIRECTIVES ON HOW TO MAKE THE WESTERN UNION
TRANSACTION

DEAR VALUABLE CLIENT 92,
WE WISH TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE PAYMENT VIA WESTERN UNION

BELOW IS SOME DIRECTIVES HOW PAYMENT IS NEEDED TO BE MADE VIA WESTERN UNION SO ALL YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO NOW IS TO FOLLOW THE THE STEPS AND DIRECTIVES BELOW AND GO THROUGH WITH PAYMENT .

STEPS 1 ...............YOUR ARE TO RESPECTED OUR PAYMENT ADDRESS .WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO COPY THE PAYMENT ADDRESS BELOW WHICH PAYMENT WIL HAVE TO BE MADE .

THIS SHOULD BE RESPECTED!!
PAYMENTS ADDRESS
RECEIVER'S NAMES: AGIY JEAN-MARIE NJI
STATE........................................... SOUTHWEST
CITY: ....................................TLIMBE
POSTAL CODE:.......................... 00237
Amount...............................4000PESOS

For security purpose, we usually expect our customers to use a pass question and answer,it can be the one below or any one of their choice.

Tass Question………………….WHO CARES?
Answer………………..GOD

GO TO ANY OF THE WESTERN UNION LOCATION STORE BELOW WITH YOUR ID CARD AND CASH

<Removed> MW
STEP 3...............ASK FOR A WESTERN UNION SENDING FORM FROM THE CASHIER AND FILL THE PAYMENTS IN FORMATION ON THE SENDING FORM

STEP 4.......PASS THE FORM OVER TO THE CASHIER TO DO THE TRANSFER AND WHEN HE OR SHE IS DONE THEY WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A RECEIPT TO PROVE PAYMENTS HAS BEEN MADE.

STEP 5................LOOK ON THE RECEIPT AND SEND US THE SCAN RECEIPT OR 10 DIGITS MTCN CONTROL NUMBERS AND YOUR FULL NAMES USED IN MAKING THE PAYMENTS SO WE CAN ISSUE YOU THE ARRIVAL TIME OF YOUR PUPPIES .

Thanks
Management.

Removed personal information to protect privacy MW

THIS IS THE EMAIL THAT I RECEIVE OF THE AGENCY..
PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS SCAM OR NOT
#194196 by Mike Wilson Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:35 pm
Hello caneos and welcome to Scamwarners,
This is a scam, the puppies do not exist, the shipping company does not exist. It is always a scam when a shipping company asks for payment via Western Union.

Stop all contact with this criminal and do not send any money to them.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#232926 by duswjd Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:10 pm
I was scammed and was a min close before I canceled transaction. DONT PAY THRU WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM. This person from Florida told me the puppy was already on flight right after I sent money. Thankfully, it was at night so they were not able to get money right away since western union pens at 8am in the morning. I looked up his number online and there was actually numerous other sites with his number selling puppies and other pets. His number is 973-657-2363. His email was [email protected]. I looked him up online through various social net works, but not found this person in Florida like he said where he is. He told me to send western union or money gram and he doesn't want transactions through bank or America or any other banks. I had to send money thru western union, which he told me to send it to his wife, Christina Marie Schamp in Daytona beach, Florida. By the way, I looked up this person online as well, found her at different location in Florida in relationship that doesn't sho-does not say married. They told me they're using this flight agency unitedpetstransport.co.ns which of course I looked up and it was a delivery company that only accept western union and money gram and no otherwise. They have phone number to contact, which only one person keep answers with broken English kept threatening me that if I don't pay right now puppy will not take flight. Btw, the owner told me that puppy already took flight and is in Texas while this delivery agency sent me an email that flight is from Michigan to California. Keep this number so that there's no other victims!! 973-657-2363. His email was [email protected].
#232927 by Bryon Williams Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:18 pm
^^^Thank you for the update. Please get your pet locally. Meet the owner, view the pet in person and pay in person.

Can you please post the emails sent to you, remove your personal information from them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#232996 by asuka Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:36 pm
want to know if this is a scam as well

CALINOO ANIMAL SERVICE
MARYLAND BRANCH

Calinoo animal services(c) and Its staff has been successfully transporting pets for over a decade.C.A.S is a member of A.B.K.A (American Boarding Kennel Association)ACAPT(Australian Civil Aviation For Pets Transport). We are licensed by the USDA, and comply with the Animal Welfare Act in all phases of our handling of your pet’s move. We are fully insured for all ground transportation. We treat your pets like one of ours , providing plenty of TLC, to make the journey as stress free as possible.

Services that we offer:

* Professional arrangements for door-to-door shipping
* Airline reservations and itineraries
* Delivery to or pick up from all area airports
* Up to date information to assist you in preparing your pet for shipping

We can also provide:

* Vaccinations, certificates, and documentation
* Airline approved shipping containers
* Customs clearance
* Destination/origin ground services
* Home pick up and drop off
* Full service boarding facility
* Dog and cat grooming

Purpose of Mail.

Dear customer. We wish to inform you that a male African grey parrot has been registered here by Mme. Kwinta . The parrot has to be delivered to:
name:*********
address:********
airport near you:************************

Please confirm if the above address is correctly your's

The parrot has been confirmed healthy and ready for delivery by our qualified veterinarians.

Accesories Included

Registration Certificate
Transfer of Ownership Certificate
Vet certificate
Shots Record
Birth Certificate
Feeding Manual
Microchip Sensor Kit
24"x36"x48"cage

DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS

Health Certificate and other documents:Approved and provided by seller
Brand Inspection:Approved{ provided by us}
Registration Certificate ( Papers}:Approved and provided by us
Shipping boots and blankets: Approved{ provided by us}
Accompanied :Accessories provided by the seller
Micro chip Censor:Approved with matriculation number G36VG2

You are required to pay the shipping and adoption fee of $450 so that we can proceed with shipment.

PAYMENT METHOD
You will issue payments through MONEYGRAM at any closest WALMART to the address below:
Anna Morin
1010 Park Avenue Baltimore, MD 21201
Test question/ when
Answer/today
Please make sure you put the test question and answer.
Get back to us with the reciept of payments as soon as you are done.We will confirm payment and get back to you with shipping details program.
Thanks

Receiver noted (BW)

GENERAL MANAGER ,
MARYLAND BRANCH
Mr. SHAWA PAWEL
MARLAND
USA

+16625444384

STAY TO ENJOY THE SERVICES OF CALINOO ANIMAL SERVICES
#233000 by Bryon Williams Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:15 pm
^^^^Yes, this one is a scam as well. The scammer is located in Africa.

Please post all the email addresses used.

Please follow the instructions of the post above yours.

People do not give away or sell expensive pets at a ridiculous low price. Any mention of Western Union, Moneygram, Pre-paid reload card or Bank Transfer is surely a scam.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#233001 by Bryon Williams Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm
Fake pet shipper.

Calinou Animal service

calinooservice.com
Domain Name: CALINOOSERVICE.COM
Registrar: REGISTER.IT SPA
Whois Server: whois.register.it
Referral URL: http://we.register.it
Name Server: NS1.AMENWORLD.COM
Name Server: NS2.AMENWORLD.COM
Updated Date: 13-apr-2014
Creation Date: 13-apr-2014
Expiration Date: 13-apr-2015

#233516 by yessi97 Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:43 pm
Hello,
    Thanks for your e-mail regarding my puppies, we are looking for
a house suitable for experienced care of our puppies.Our main concern
is the welfare of these puppies.The are two of which are still
available, 1 male and 1 female . They are 12 weeks of age, who love
playing with kids and other pets, all of our puppies come with 1 year
health guarantee, pedigree, 3 sets of vaccines and microchip. Race of
whole blood from standard AKC parents . the price is  160$ for a
puppy.There are some basic information we need to ensure that our
puppies are well taking care of.Very grateful to me with answers to
these questions.

Do you Have children?

Where are you ..?

How soon do you need the puppy ..?

Are you sure you really take care of these puppies ..?

Sorry for asking, but I need to know what kind of house  my puppies
are going to , below are  the names of the puppy puppies, they are
called "Neyo" and "Lacson". Have a good look at the names and let me
know if you are interested in male "Lacson", or if you are interested
in the female "Neyo"
I hope to read from you soon.
  thanks
#233520 by Mike Wilson Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 pm
Welcome to scamwarners yessi97,
Please post the email address the scammer is using. This will make a good search key for others that may be looking for information on this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam