Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#142840 by Beckm83 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 pm
I have been looking for a British bulldog puppy for a while now and came across an Australian trading site selling dogs. I found 4 that I was interested in and sent enquiries. 4 DIFFERENT advertisers. From 3 of those I received the same email. In these emails it gave me a link to a website which unfortunately I can't find now. I found it odd that they advertised the dogs for free adoption in Australia and their website says they are based in the USA. On the website they are charging $600 and claim that they are selling them so cheap because they love the breed and that its not about money. Red flags popped up and I did not respond any further
Then just yesterday I received an email from the fourth unfortunately "Maureen cage" did not give an email address. This is what they said:

Hi
    I am sorry for the late reply just that i went to visit a friend. I wonder if you still need the baby .thanks for your mail and for the interest you have on baby . my baby has been well vet checked(updated with all shots) , has registered papers ,very healthy , weighs 2.6 IB ,has a height of 0.42m she is 13 week old. the baby name is petsy . petsy will come with all her documents ,health records and her feeding manual to help you in taking care of her well.
     just like i informed you before, she is only for free adoption. my reason for giving baby petsy for free adoption is because since my husband died i have been the want taking care of my family. I have two sons.Jerry and terry they love the baby so much but since we can not afford to keep him again (since my sons will be coming to college) we have to the baby out .my sons are very worried but i have asured them that i will get a very good home like ours for baby petsy so all you have to do is for you to promise me that you will show the baby the love and care that she deserves . petsy must been very fine in your home so make sure of that i have some few questions to asked you in you don't mind
do you have a vet clinic around your home ?
are you familiar with pets ?
where you you live?
what is the size of your home ?
where do you live ?
what is the nature of your job ?
       sorry for the many questions just that i want to be sure that petsy is fine at your home . as for me my name is maureen.I have two kids(Jerry and Terry) we live in Australia  .
hope to read from you soon .
regards
Maureen on behalf of my sons
Advertisement