Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#138299 by darreno5 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm
Newest scam is from some one claiming to be JOON LUK he is on facebook and is a very convincing scammer sent me pictures address and number i am meant to be receiving parrot at 9.30pm tonight silly me fell for it and payed 35 pounds via money gram at post office no bank cards needed the courier is called [email protected] and they will bombard you with emails asking for payment to be made please dont be fooled like i have also made the transaction at 4.30 today can i cancel moneygram or is it too late also what can i do about my identity if it will be used
Advertisement

#138310 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm
Hello darreno5,

You should see if the money has picked up as soon as possible. Hopefully, it has not and you can get your money back.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#138312 by darreno5 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:15 pm
Joon Luk
Thanks for Contacting in regards to my Male and female parrots and sorry for the late reply i was very busy with work. They are still available,I just got a male and female called ALEX AND CINDY
.They are well raised,vet checked,health guaranteed,playful with kids and other home pets,they are very good
companion and needs a lot of attention and love affection.They are 11 months 2 weeks old and I'm really in need of a
very good home for them.Before giving out my parrots to any home i will need to know the
following from you.
Have you any pet-care experience?
Where are you located?
Are you a breeder?
How old are you,are you married with kids and what do you do for a living?
When are you ready for these Parrots?
My warmth regards.
Stay Blessed
You can as well send me a friendship request.
CINDY THE FEMALE
ALEX THE MAL
#138318 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 pm
darreno5 You need to go to Money Gram and check or call them. I do not know what country you are in.

Check your receipt for a phone number.

MoneyGram International
In the United Kingdom
English
0-800-0260535

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#138329 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 pm
Sorry to hear that.

The only thing that will happen now is the scammer will try to get more money from you.

Stop communicating with them. Do not believe any of their lies telling you that if you pay more money you will get the Parrot.

Also be aware of future scams called Recovery Scams. In these scams the scammer will tell you that he can get your money back. It is a lie once again. They will want you to send money again via Western Union or Money Gram to get you money back. Basically, you will lose that money also.

#138330 by darreno5 Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:10 pm
My wife has just phoned they joon luk and he says it will be here a 8.00am now but not having it now police are informed and now.not communicating with them