Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#121421 by tslmaxey Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:45 pm
I have to say "Thank you!" to Google for helping me find you and you for having this site! My Wife just spent the morning texting a woman from "Dallas" who is moving to "the UK" and needs to get rid of her Schnauzer puppies. All we pay is the "shipping cost"...(ok, enough with the quotes..I hear ya). My Kids were very excited and everything seemed ok...but my Wife does not do anything off the cuff. We started talking about it..

The Woman had no phone...because she was getting ready to move.
She was using a friends iPad for communication
She would be shipping through a company called "Getma" in Dallas which we could not find
She was in a huge hurry to get the puppy to the shipping agent
She was very friendly, "I just want them to go to a good home. I will be in touch with you as we are family now".

Anyway, I saw this site and it all came together. We learned a lesson...for free!

Thanks Guys! I would play the bait game...but I assume it is to late for us now...right?
Advertisement

#121424 by Mike Wilson Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:57 pm
Hello tslmaxey and welcome to Scamwarners.

Please post the contact information associated with this scam. Email address, telephone number, etc.

That information will help other avoid this scammer.

Please do not try to bait this person as thye have your real contact information and you don't want a scammer retaliating for messing with there scam.

Check out our sister site www.419eater.com for information on baiting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#125476 by stats28 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm
My son found a cheap puppy. Her name alicia williems. I noticed it could have been misspelled (williams), but continued on. But the way she talked with here email I knew something was up.
Her story was in LA moving to Hawaii. A guy txt me said puppy was dropped off and he was in Hawaii. Its 8:30 am here so would be 5:30 am there so thing didn't add up so I messed with him for another 4 hours was kind of fun wanted me just to wire the money and everything would be fine. I tripped him up so much it was really funny. He dropped down to $100 just for the shipping and pay the rest when the dog arrived LOL.
#137363 by Lediam Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 am
Omg Almost fell for [email protected]. Thank you for this info. I live in Australia. Funny thing is I enquired to two different or not so different sellers. One Alicia williems and Chris Manuel who coincidentally live in the same city and sell 1 male and 1 female puppies ea. We really want to get a puppy so I enquired with another seller. Then there you go sent me almost identical message. So I asked for a phone number and if they couldn't provide it I told them not to bother replying.

So hard to trust people this days!
Last edited by Lediam on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
#137368 by began steele Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 am
Lediam IT'S HERE AND ITS A SCAM ! Send it nothing because there is no puppy and no shipping company. But w would like the links to the shipping company , email addresses etc, because the scammer can collect a dose of the nasty from SW members and have its fakes severely damaged, as well as lose a lot of his crime money. It also wasted his time and wrecks his scam.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#137370 by Lediam Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:24 am
http://www.uship.com/au/pet-transport/. Shipping company she was gonna use. The thing is the shipping company looks legit I even read their policy and etc. Told me to use pay pal blah blah blah. [email protected] and [email protected] hope they get what they deserve soon.

Mod note *** http://www.uship.com is a legitimate business and the scammers use their name to add credibility to the scams. uship.com is NOT a shipping company.

From the uship.com website

"uShip is a neutral, third-party marketplace that brings together those with shipping needs and those who can meet those needs. uShip does not have storage facilities and is never in possession of your items."