Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
Advertisement

#120819 by Mike Wilson Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 am
Welcome to Scamwarners arnoldo,
Please post an email and header form this scam site and I will have the site taken down.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#120826 by Mike Wilson Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:10 am
Congo-African Grey - [email protected]

Hello <removed>

Thank you for your interest in purchasing an African grey from

us. Our parrots are hand fed, tamed and very socialized. They

will be micro chipped before shipping and accompanied by their

health record and sample food for one week. The food will help

you have a smooth transition in to any new brand you may be

introducing.
Just to make sure, you want one parrot, a male or female.
One bird will cost $200
Shipping: $180
Total: $380

If that is okay,let me know and i will do the reservation today

and send you the details. If you pay today,you will get your

parrots on Friday.You are require to Pay only the shipping after

making the reservation and balance to my account upon delivery.
You pay the shipping. They will pick up your parrot and when you

receive the parrot, then you pay my money. The shipping fee goes

to the shipping company based in USA. They will not pick up if

you do not do the payment.
Thanks
Paul

The following three sites are in the process of being reported for fraud.

http://www.african-grey-babies.org
http://www.petsvisa.net Fake escrow site
http://www.petsvisa.com Fake Escrow site

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#120890 by Mike Wilson Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 am
Email from the fake shipping/escrow company

Pets Visa [email protected]

Originating IP 41.204.84.30 = Cameroon Africa

Dear <REMOVED>

Your shipping reservation to ship your African grey parrot to <REMOVED> has been confirmed. You will receive your bird on Saturday August 25rd, 2012 at 5:30 pm your local time.

Invoice details below.

Your BillPay account number for this shipping is: 733246011

Next step:
Please follow the steps below to do the payment within 36 hours to avoid cancellation.

(1) Go to 7-Eleven or any other Moneygram agent.
(2) Pick up a blue moneygram express payment form and use the payment information provided below.
(3) Enter the exact amount to pay ($199) and pay cash. You will be provided with a payment proof.

Payment information:
Amount to pay: $199 (Please pay only exact amount)
Company name: ZipZap Inc
City & State: San Francisco, CA
Receive Code: 9611
Account number of bill to pay: 733246011

We will be notified within 5 minutes after your payment is processed.

Pets Visa Team
1 800 630 3350

It is ALWAYS a scam
#122770 by Bigfoot Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 pm
Just thought I'd warn everyone of another site just popped up like yours. The website is cheapafricangrey.org and they do the whole $200 for each bird and approx $150 for shipping which you pay up front and then pay the balance one you recieve your bird.

Yeah righ, I checked the domain name it was just put up and and is located in the UK. And yet they claim over 2000 satisfied customers LOL
#122802 by Mike Wilson Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 pm
Hello Bigfoot,
Thanks for posting this scam as it will help other avoid this scammer. Please post the email that asked for payment as this will help get the site taken down.

Congo African Grey Parrots

The website http://www.cheapafricangrey.org is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#125611 by fringe-jedi Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 am
Beware of another site -
http://www.africangreybaby.org
it sound exactly like the others. Here's the email reply I received when I asked where they were located and if I could view the birds.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in purchasing an African grey from us.
The young African grey will cost you $200 and shipping will cost an
average of $175.
So you are looking at a total of about $375. Will you like a cage? You
can have a good corner cage for $80 or a bigger cage for $150.

You can get a breeding pair for $800 including shipping.

You will pay only shipping fee directly to shipping company and pay
for bird when delivered to your home.

How it works:
You pay the shipping fee directly to the shipping company and they
will pick up your parrot and deliver to your home. We will use travel
papa to search for the cheapest available shipping and send the
details to you for payment.
You have up to 3 days from the date you receive the parrot to confirm
with your vet that the parrot(s) is healthy and in good condition.
After your confirmation, you will then send us the cost of the parrot
via wire transfer or bank deposit.

If this sounds good to you, let me know and I will do the shipping
reservation and send the details to you.

I look forward for your response.

My regards

Peter
#125642 by Mike Wilson Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:07 pm
Hello fringe-jedi and welcome to scamwarners,

Please post the email address used with the website. The URL that you posted appears to have never been registered.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#126378 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:34 pm
Thank you for posting the email address as this will help others avoid this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#129566 by divingrusty Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm
these people are on google search engine, and even on yahoo search engine... they are using the email
[email protected]
I am here to tell everyone if you can buy an african grey for under $800 then beware, there is probably something wrong somewhere.. old bird, mean, ratty or sickly ... a good baby cost about $600 wholesale and sell for about $900 - 1200... so watch you dont get burned... best to go look at the bird before you buy it ,, then you will no if it will bond with you or not before you pay $$$$$ for it
#129765 by kimntony Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:51 pm
fringe-jedi wrote:It looks like the site has been taken down. The email came from [email protected]

They done me like that this week I sent 399.00 and now the guy won't answer my emails n the shipping company want answer the phone do u know if people get there money back
#129767 by Mike Wilson Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:07 pm
Hello kimntony and welcome to scamwarners.
I am sorry to her that you lost money to these criminals.
The scammers are located in Cameroon, Africa and sorry to say this but your money is gone and you are very unlikely to get any of it back.
If anyone contacts you saying they can get your money back it is just another scam to get more moeny out of you..

It is ALWAYS a scam
#135591 by clash111 Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:06 pm
This is what i just received
Hello

How can you think this is a scam? I have not asked you to send any money to me. You only pay me after you have received your bird. You are paying only shipping fee and shipping company is based in USA. I am here in Congo. Call me on +23798076200 Please use your mobile and dial including the + sign.

My regards
John

Hello

Thank you for your reservation to buy an African grey parrot from us. I have reserved a 3 months old baby for you. I have done the shipping reservation and the cost of shipping to your home is $198. The shipping date is Tuesday NOV 27, 2012 and delivered at you home at about 5:45PM your local time.
Upon delivery, the shipping agent will provide our banking details to you and you pay for the bird by bank wire.

If that is okay to you, let me know and I will confirm the booking and send the details to you and you pay the shipping company.

My sincere regards
John