Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#94911 by AmberK Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 pm
I was think I was buying a teacup yorkie. I was told I had to pay for a tick of $250. I laid that it was through a money gram and to somebody in the USA so I didn't think any thing of it. But then they needed more money for shots for the dog. They asked for $500 then they told me it would be all refundable. So the lady who said she sent the dog paid for it. Then they said they needed $250 for a creat cost. All the money added up to $1600 and I paid $500 tottal and the lady who sent the puppy sent $1100. The only reasion I think it may be a scam is bc they asked me to send to money to camroon and sent it all through money gram. Once the puppy get here they had told me he had passed away from all the stress he had to go through. I'm very scared because I can't just lose $500 but I've read on some online sites that I will never be able to get my money back. I need help. The pet moving company was called swipt pet movers. They seemed real but now they say I need to pay them $600 to get a my refund of $9050 for the puppies death. I am very scared and very much alone. Help please!
Advertisement

#94913 by Bubbles Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:10 am
Welcome to ScamWarners AmberK . With the information you have give, yes, sadly, you have been scammed. Scammers always have more and more reasons for you to send them money. They always want the money by a money transfer service such as MoneyGram or Western Union.

By using a service like that, there is no way to retrieve the money. Sadly, the money is gone, I am sad to tell you this news.

Please post up the email address they gave you and if there is a website related to the "shipping" company.

The bright side is, there never was a puppy so it did not die due to any stress.

Do NOT send any more money. They will just keep that money too. Scammers are only after money. It is best to not ever send money to someone you do not know face to face by a money transfer service.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#94918 by jolly_roger Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:30 am
The simple answer is yes. I'm sorry this happened to you AmberK. Bubbles has made an accurate summary. There have been other teacup yorkie scams I'm sad to say. Have you viewed the email header and what is it telling you?
I am going out on a shakey limb and presume a typo in your post. There has been a swiftpetmovers.com linked to camaroon in previous years. The domain was registered on 11 June 2011 and has an
expirey date of 11 June 2012. It is very common for fraudulant sites to be registered for the bare 12 month minimum amount of time.
It appears the scamaroons are at it again! :x
Loosen up and pay attention because you need not be scared. There is nothing to be worried of.
The slippery scammmer would be asking for more money because you are being viewed as a revenue raising source. There never was a puppy. Scammers always play with peoples emotions and it's simply a game to them.
#94919 by Mike Wilson Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:40 am
There next request will be for you to send a fee to process the insurance refund. DO NOT send any more money as there never was any insurance.

Please post the email from the shipping company after deleting your email address and name.

Ignore all emails and telephone calls from this criminal and will go away.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon