Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#144686 by domo_onrice Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:49 pm
Thank you for the warning! Was about to send the moneygram but thought I would check for scams... found on http://www.puppyfind.com (posting referred to http://www.niduplace.com/default.html), day after I emailed him, posting disappeared.

Name: Michael Bell (has thick African accent)
Wife: Shari Bell
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 912 342 0657, 912 386 4343

First Email Received:

Hi XXX,

Thanks for writing regarding our French bulldog puppy Molly . She is raised in a loving family home around children and well pampered by each and everyone of us. We only sell to homes willing to love them as much as we do. She's an exceptional healthy puppy. Molly comes vaccinated, 1 year health guarantee, wormed, AKC reg, microchipped, vet checked and we include a detailed puppy starter pack. She is active, very sweet, charming, and has an outgoing gentle disposition. She gets along with kids and other household pets. She is a fantastic all-round family companion puppy with lovable and awesome temperament. We also offer 24/7 breeder support and our puppies come with no limitations.

Mom "Julie" weighs 19lbs and sire "Jagger" weighs 24lbs. This is her 2nd litter of puppies and her last litter was a year ago. She had 8 puppies the 1st time and 6 this time. I own both the mother and father and they are exceptionally sweet, loving, well behaved, calm and have no health issues.. Molly has had her first vaccinations. Yes; I can ship to XXXXX. Soonest would be tomorrow Sunday.

If you would like to go ahead with the purchase,kindly write back to us with the following information's.

Name. State. City. Zip Code. Name of Puppy interested in. Phone Number. The airport you would like the puppy shipped out to. The name of whoever will be receiving the puppy.....

Thanks
Bell

Second Email Received:

Below is the info you are to send the payment of $1450 to via moneygram....

Name:Shari Bell
State:Georgia
city: Valdosta
Zip Code: 31601

Get back to me with the payment info such as, Ref #, amount sent, senders full name, state & city payment was made from.
When confirmed, will go ahead with shipping arrangements and when completed details of flight (Departure & Arrival time, pup's crate #) and other necessary info will be sent to you. You are to go to the airport with a valid i.d.

There will be a flight departing at XXX p.m. and arriving at XXX p.m.

Thanks
Bell
Advertisement

#144702 by Jillian Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Welcome domo_onrice. Good for you for taking the time to check before sending money. Thanks for posting this information - it will show up in searches and help others, too.

If you're continuing to look for a puppy online, you're likely to come into contact with many more scammers. Please do post them here as you find them. You're also welcome to ask for advice if here if find one that you're unsure of.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#146380 by Baddog Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 pm
Same thing happened to us. Only thing is we got taken for $1675.
Emails below:

Dotti wrote:
NEVER pay for puppies via Western Union (or Moneygram.)

Western Union is a service that was designed to allow people to send money to friends and family members (for example, when someone is working overseas and sending money home to his/her family.) It is NOT a tool used by legitimate businesses, even dog breeders. Transfers can easily be picked up anonymously and once picked up, you will not be able to trace it.

What you are dealing with is an African scammer, not a legitimate breeder. The scammer has no puppies, and he is not dealing with a shipping company. All he plans to do is to take your money.

Please post the email addresses this scammer is using as well as the emails you received from the "breeder" and the "shipper," (remove your own name.) Posting these will help to ensure others don't fall for this scam.

Here are our emails:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: January 22, 2013, 8:13:47 AM CST
To: S
Subject: Re: French Bulldog For Sale
Reply-To: Daniel Bell <[email protected]>

lol don't waste your time and money. i gave you a fake address and i used a fake id too, there no way you can get me.

To: Daniel Bell <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, 21 January 2013, 18:22
We have officially filed a report with Valdosta PD and the FBI regarding this case. We have case numbers and they will be assigning a detective by the end of the week.

S
On Jan 20, 2013, at 5:19 PM, Daniel Bell wrote:
Thanks for your response,Now that we have all the necessary information to ship your puppy to you,the next step is paymentand delivery. we ship with Continental airline and shipping is very safe,shipping take place immediately we receive payment from you and the receipt and contract will be furnished to you. you will be making the payment via Western Union at any store close to you. below is the information you will be using to make the payment and you are to send $1600. Name : Shari Bell
Address: 2525 E Park Ave
City: Valdosta
State: GA
Zip Code : 31605As soon as you have made the payment you will getting back to me the MTCN#, sender's name and address so that we can confirmyour payment and get Flame shipped to Xxx Airport immediately.we will also send you shipping confirmation as soon as we received your payment and you will be picking your puppy at your airport with your receipt and I.D.Thanks and be in touch.

Sent: Sunday, 20 January 2013, 17:24
Mr. Bell,

Do you know what insurance cost for shipping?

Thanks,

S

Xxxx airport for shipping
Name of receiver would be Xxxxxx - this will depend on when she gets in to xxx- Do you know before shipping when she would arrive in Xxx we could narrow it down for you as to who will be picking up the package.

On Jan 20, 2013, at 3:52 PM, Daniel Bell wrote:
We ship with Continental airline and shipping is very safe. shipping takes place the next day after we receive your payment, then you go to the to your airport and pick up you puppy with your id.

Sent: Sunday, 20 January 2013, 16:22
Mr. Bell,

How does shipping by air work?

Thanks,

Xxxxx
On Jan 20, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Daniel Bell wrote:
Here are updated pics of Flame and parents and here also is our website http://www.bulldogshop.us/

Sent: Sunday, 20 January 2013, 11:31
Could you send me pictures of Flame? I live in Xxxxxx, so it's not easy to stop by. Do you have a website, pictures of parents, and references?

Thank you,

Xxxx

On Jan 20, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Daniel Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi, Flame is Nine weeks old.Price is $1600 each. Come pick out your puppy or we can ship the next day. Shipping is included in price.Our puppies are Raised in our home, no kennels, with our kids, kitties and lots of love. Parents on premises.Flame is a real beautiful little girl. She is blue and white.She enjoy mixing with other dogs and household pets.She is great with children, well behaved, adaptable,comfortable companions with an affection nature and even disposition. Some French Bulldogs are cautious with strangers,but and Flame is very friendly to everyone.She comes with a:One year Health GuaranteeA complete and thorough Vet check upUp to Date VaccinationsChampion PedigreeA portable kennelFull AKC Registrationget back to me with the below information if you are really interested in her. Full name.....................Address.......................Phone .......................Nearest airport where you would like him to be shipped to.......................Name of the receiver of the puppy at the airport(if different above)......................Please email us back to reserve your puppy. Thank you for your interest in my puppies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Email:
Subject: French Bulldog For Sale
Name:
Email:
Phone:

I'm interested in a blue female. Do you ship?
Thank you,
S
<flame.jpg><flame2.jpg><flame3.jpg><flame4.jpg><father1 (2).jpg><blue mom.jpg><blue mom2.jpg>

Hope this helps someone else
S