Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#90789 by jos2lan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:20 pm
Hello, I just almost got scammed today for two tea cup yorkies. All I had to do was western union $380.00 dollars to Nde Wanka from Minnasota. I western unioned the money for receiving the money today and I got an email stating I had to pay for insurance to get them here of $950.00 and there would be 100% refund once they are in my hands. I immedately called western union and stop payment on the wire and did get a full refund. Mr. Wanka stated he did get the money and would put up half the money for the insurance and if I would pay the difference. I stated he never told me about the insurance delivery and I couldn't pay it. He said he HONESTLY didn't know about that either but still insisted he would pay half. I said you pay the whole amount and let the insurance company money gram you the refund back once the puppies arrived safe. I haven't heard back from him since. So glad I got my money back in full.
Advertisement

#90790 by Helen Halper Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:25 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, jos2lan!
I'm really happy that you didn't lose any money to this scammer! Amazing how well that turned out for you!
Would you please post the email address that the scammer is using.

#90791 by jos2lan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 pm
There are actually 2 he is using one is [email protected] and the other one is [email protected].
He just sent me another email and asked if I just could come up with anything that would be great. I don't know what else to tell this person. Should I just ignore him?
#90792 by jos2lan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm
Also the classified ad for alot of different types of dogs came from asnclassifieds.com. There are so many puppies for free just pay for their flight. It's aweful.
This site is where I found mine.
#90799 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:01 pm
The best thing to do is just ignore any emails from this scam artist and he will go away and look for another victim.

I looked at the website and yes it is full of scam listings including one with a scam web site. The web site will be reported once I have enough evidence.

If the pet "owner" wants payment via any type of wire transfer, Westeren Union, Money Gram, etc or mentions Cameroon in any of their emails it is a scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#90862 by jos2lan Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 am
Hi I have not talked to him after he kept asking to come up with something I could afford. I just took a look at that website again and he is on the with the [email protected] out of Charleston, SC. I am so upset I almost fell for it and so many other people did or have. I am lucky I didn't lose any money. I am actually embarrassed that I could have been so nieve. I was caught up in the puppies and the moment and excitement and I guess that's how they get you. This really has to be taken care of. Please do as much as you can. Thank you for your time in doing so.