Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#75108 by helenajo Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:04 am
i had placed a advert on preloved.com and i received a email from a lady in Glasgow her name is Jennifer Akere. she has very poor english in her emails. she did send me photos of the puppies and i was all set on going ahead (like a fool) until i heard from her saying she has changed my details on the kc reg documents and the puppy is awaiting for delivery, i just need to make payment of £200 to western union and then send them and email with a 10 digit code on the receipt and then pup will be with me today!!!!! the payments went out to cameroon and she had to pay an extra £58 on top so the pup had 1st class delivery!!!!
i thought i would google to phone numbers to see if it was a scam and it seems it is so now i have 3 upset children there puppy wont be here!!!! :-(

Helena
Advertisement

#75109 by helenajo Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 am
here are the numbers and names they gave me!!!
.So you can as well call them using this number this number +447055144569 / +447023085760 / +447055170724 / +448444847879 just ask for the home delivery manager Mr. DAVIS POWELL he will explain to you all what you need to know,thanks and i wish you the best with your new puppy OK and please do not forget to let me know when she arrives your home today , also to keep us posted with monthly pictures of the baby as promised.
#75123 by Dotti Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 am
I'm sorry you were disappointed, but glad you didn't lose your money. Unfortunately, this is a typical pet scam, and it is very common. Three of the phone numbers you were given are redirect phone numbers, meaning they look like UK numbers, but in reality they are forwarded to phones somewhere else in the world (in this case a scammer's cellphone). Any time you see a 44-70 phone number, it is safe to assume it is a scam. 4484 numbers are also not typical UK phone numbers - some are redirect numbers, and others are special types of numbers, but what they have in common is that once again, the owner typically does not have to be in UK.

We also know that:
-All names used by the scammers are fake.
-The scammer is mostly located in Cameroon, not the country he claims to be in.
-He has no puppies.
-The photos provided are usually stolen from a real breeder's website.
-Any "shipping companies" used by the scammer are fake.

Can you please post the email address this scammer used?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.