Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#66988 by Cinbags Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 pm
Looks like the same people are back.. Now targeting australian's saying they have Bloodhound puppy's for sale.. Upon inquiring they ask questions to "make sure you will give their puppy a good home", send stolen photos, then ask your name address ph number ect. I then got this email:

Hello Cindy

Just to let you know that i am just coming from the delivery agency and i am done with the registration of the puppy so you just have to stay by your phone as well as your computer cause as soon as they are done with all their checks on the puppy,they are just going to get in contact with you via email and phone call for you to confirm your home address,provide you with all the necessary delivery details like the registration number of the puppy,crate number of the puppy,departure and arrival time of the puppy to your home today and also direct you on how you will be making the payment of the  $400 directly to them so as for them to activate the delivery ticket of the puppy and proceed with the delivery of the puppy over to your home at once .As soon as their home delivery director confirms the payment they are just going to provide you with the exact time the puppy will be arriving your home so that you stay at home to sign all the necessary papers okay.You can contact them via their service number 0023797429654 so that they can provide you with more delivery details of the puppy.Remember to take very good care of the baby Ricky and also send me update pictures of him so that i can see how he is doing over in his new home okay.
Thanks once again for accepting to re home my puppy and i wish you all the best with him and as soon as you receive the puppy today do not hesitate to send me an email to let me know right.

Thanks again for everything and hoping to read from you.

I was already very sus and this set it in concrete seings that I had asked for this persons name, phone number and more photos of the pups so I could choose between the 2 males he/she supposedly had. Instead I got this and was then called and asked for a $400 delivery fee..
Beware! The email address is: [email protected] and the English is pretty bad..
Advertisement

#67001 by Bubbles Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:48 am
I gave this scam it's own topic.

Thank you for posting this Cinbags. It will help if you can give us information regarding how you got in contact with this scammer. Was it from an online selling site (Gumtree or Craigslist or other), or from a website?

Did you receive an email "out of the blue"?

Thank you for any additional information you provide.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.