Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#429448 by Bugsyboo68 Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:37 am
Scammed by a person claiming to be a lady rehoming teacup yorkies. All I had to do was pay for shipping to my area. Shipping was $500. The lady claimed that I would be dealing with the shipping company after she dropped the puppy off for shipment and I would pay them. The shipping company Safe pet transportation.com got in touch with me and arranged payment. They told me that at the moment they were not taking MC or Visa only bitcoin that should have have sent up red flags but I had gotten pics and video of the puppy and I wanted it for my mom who has cancer and desperately wants a small companion. I paid the $500 and was told as soon as the transaction posted they would get back to me with shipping info on the puppy. I got a call that the transaction had posted and that an email would follow. An email followed asking for more money for an upgraded crate and insurance. Because my dog was so young she needed a special crate and insurance to ensure her arrival safely. That the money was to be fully refunded to me once I received the puppy and the amount additional was $850 at this point I knew this was a scam. I told them I did not have $850 to give them that the deal was $500 for the dog and $500 was what they were getting. I hung up the phone and promptly called the local police. I know my money is gone. The sad shame is that my mom is the real victim. I don’t have the money to buy her a dog now.
Advertisement