Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#55552 by email Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:44 pm
hi there jus have been dealing with this dude and i do believe hes a FAKE,he didnt want me to know his telphone number or address, told me he lives in Falmouth (Cornwall) and hes going to new job in america thats the reason why he trying to sell hes 16 weeks french bulldog puppy girl DORA,he didnt want me to know his vet details as well he didnt want me to pay him through bank or paypal, he want me to pay through wetern union to some another fake courier company, thats the letter from those company:

Good morning/Mr/Mrs/Miss
Accept greetings fron the CITY PETS INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SERVICE TODAY (CPIDS) especially the Falmouth Cornwall based branch in collaboration with the Delta Airlines, West jet airways cargo, Air France, Canadian Air, Swiss Air etc. There are 16 puppies to be delivered today and amoung these puppies is a French bulldog called Dora , registered by Mr Thiery pending delivery in (my home address).This puppy came wiith all her health papers, a travelling crate, food samples, feeding manual, a note book onFrench bulldog puppies, toys, a bed etc.Dora was registered with the number 05J328748541M, came with all necesary papers including the micro-ship- 10586-registered on the immunization certificates.Our vetenerians have conducted tests to be sure of Dora's health, everything is ok and she is free from illnesses that may attack other animals like birds and cats, as for now she is ready for take-off.
Comfirm this adresse so that our delivery agents should not make a mistake with the delivery of your puppy.
Names ..............
Adress ..............
Post code .............
Town ..............
City ..............Glasgow
Tel ..............
E.Mail ..............
Country ..............United Kingdom
Your puppy will take off here at 12:30, but the delivery and adoption cost of Dora is still pending -250 pounds. You will pay this money through Western Union or MoneyGram and the money will be paid to Cameroon where our headquarter is, here in Falmouth cornwall is just an agency and all our payments are directed to our headquarter for security reasons.Immediately you finish with the payment, just send to us the the 10 digits number from western union or the 8 digits control number from Moneygram so that we should send it at our headquarters after which they will comfirm your payment and send to us an electronic receipt and we would proceed with the delivery of your puppy.Below is our caissiers adress in Cameroon where you will pay the 250£
Names .....Mme.....Collines Che
Adress ........... Avenue Charles Atangana
Town/city ...........Yaounde
Postal Code .......... 00237
Country ...........Cameroon
At western union or MoneyGram you will need a question and answer in paying the money for security reasons, as question use -what is your name and the response should be (my last name). When you are through send to us the payment details such as the reference number from western union with 10 digits or the 8 digits control number from money Gram depending on which medium of transfer you wil use so that we can process everything and also send to you the names of the two delivery agents coming to your town and their identification numbers.
NB -Western Union and MoneyGram have two types of transfers these year-2011 commercial and private transfers, commercial transfers are expensive while private transfers are les expensive. In any of these mediums of transfers you will be asked why you are paying the 250, if you say it is to buy a puppy you will pay high taxes, so just tell then you are sending money to an individual which is our company cashier so as to pay little or no taxes.Once more our company cashiers names are madam Collines che. This advise is just to help our customers for your satisfaction is our prioty.
E mail [email protected]
Town ............Falmouth
City ...............cornwall
Tel ............07031887620 or 07023061786
Country .............United Kingdom
site ............cityexpresspetdeliveryhome.tk

well i cut it short with this deal,lol after email like this i dont have to explain you guys what i have done hahaha, but this is so sad some folks are trying to do stuff like this, be awere and hope this will help to some one of you guys (possibly even scammers reading this post and will think twice now about what they are doing)
Advertisement

#55553 by email Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:52 pm
thats the email to courier company and repply from them,hahaha :=)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: City Pets <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, June 9, 2011 9:22:13 AM
Subject: Payment

hi there, well NO i will not pay you, first i tried to talk to you and i dont know who that was but couldnt speak english,then i tried to call those weird numbers and noone answer it, and all of the sudden you sending me an email? hahah i know scam like yours so you can take your scam and try to sell some one else, im not giving you nothing, pet in my hands then ill give you money, my vet will be here when puppy arrive for helth check, if you actully have this pup.i think you just trying to suck some money of innocent people. you can stop your hard trying just now at this moment cause im not with you pal. next time try harder or at least hire someone who spesk english mate, and mean time do not contsct with me anymore if you dont want police on your track,so back off dude.

Answer:

You can waste your time to go to any police statiion, did my colleague not speak to you in English, you are not the only customer we have so dont expect us to always respond immediately; i think you can go to hell

My answer to them was sent but isnt so pleasent,sorry guys :yikes: like my firs email so i wont publish that
#55556 by Dotti Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 pm
You were right in believing this is a scam. It is a textbook puppy scam, and these scams are run on a daily basis. The scammers (who are from Cameroon, which is why the English was so hard to understand) don't have any puppies.

While these scammers will pretend to have any animal requested if it gives them an opportunity to steal money, the most popular breeds in scams are bulldogs, yorkies, and pugs.

While I wish getting caught would cause them to quit, the sad fact is, they will continue to scam as long as people continue to fall for the fake opportunity to get a puppy for far below normal cost. We try not to point out any mistakes they make, as they will improve their scams, or tell them they are posted on anti-scam sites, as they are more likely to change their names and email addresses if they know they are listed. At this point, the best thing you can do is make sure you have posted all phone numbers and email addresses used by these scammers, and drop all contact with them--though based on their response, they have likely dropped you by now anyway.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#58002 by thiery Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:19 pm
This post was made by the scammer, who is clueless enough to think that we would not realize he is the scammer. We have left this post here in order to show visitors the lengths to which scammers will go and the lies they will tell to steal people's money- dotti

DEAR READERS AND OWNERS OF THIS WEBSITE, I
AM REALLY COMFUSED WITH THIS POST BECAUSE I WAS THE OWNER OF THIS FRENCH BULLDOG, I REGISTERED THIS PUPPY TO BE DELIVERED TO GLASGOW BY CITY PETS DELIVERY SERVICE AND THE RECEIVER NEVER PAID FOR THE DELIVERY COST AND I TOOK HOME MY PUPPY ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT HE POSTED THIS PET SCAM INFORMATION HERE. THIS IS THE E MAILOFTHE RECEIVER (removed) .PLEASE HE WAS NEVER SCAMMED BECAUSE HE DID NOT PAY FOR THE DELIVERY AND THE TRANSACTION WAS CANCELLED. PLEASE KINDLY SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS POST FOR I AM NOT A SCAMMER,I AM A GOD FEARING PERSON AND WILL NEVER SCAM.
THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
#62919 by scrumpyjack Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:48 pm
I've been caught on exactly the same scam but for a teacup yorkie. My email is exactly the same as yours, with the puppy micro ship and registration no's exactly the same as yours. Initially i requested details of the puppy and was contacted by a lady who said they were moving to an apartment in Glasgow which didn't allow pets. She only asked for £120 to be paid to the delivery company and asked for my name, address & phone no. for the delivery company to contact me. I was contacted by GLASGOW CITY PETS INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SERVICES and asked to make payment , via WESTERN UNION, to an address in Cameroon. The puppy would be delivered on payment. I had 17 emails in all. Very persistent. i made payment, but was still unsure so did a bit of digging and came across your posting. Luckily I was quick enough to contact the Western Union before the payment was collected and stopped it. I've reported this scam to the Dog & Puppie website, where I initially saw the first advert . All this has happen today, 19.08.2011, so please warn others
#62967 by Katharina Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 am
Welcome scrumpyjack,
and thank you for this report. I'm really sorry you lost money.

Do you still have the email addresses the scammer contacted you with? If so, please post them here, that will help other potential victims who do a Google search.