Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#382183 by george yoxtheimer Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:40 pm
this is happening now, although too late to do anything
yesterday I thought I was buying a cat from Green Sphinx, paid $850 to [email protected] with Zelle for the cat and expenses to fly him to a near by airport. at that point I thought all was well when early the next morning I received the shipping information with a tracking number, then soon afterward I get a strange message from the delivery service Air Animal Pet Movers requiring insurance before boarding the fleight. Should have stopped and did more research at that point, but instead I panic and sent another $980 and draining my checking account to [email protected] jaylen jones for a refundable insurance premium for the cat incase it became sick or injured during the flight.
the red flag didn't strike me until 30 seconds after I sent the money and google searched the carrier and found your websight, I immediately called my bank and reported the incident but there was nothing else they could do, it's a cruel joke, I can still log into my checking account and the status for that payment is still "pending".
I rushed from work to the nearby sherriff's office to report this but they stated because I live and the first inciedent occurred in another county I would have to go to my home county to report it, I rushed to the sherrif office in my county to find they were closed, later realized there are 2 offences, one in the other county as well.
I have a lot more information on this, but right now I am just so rattled by all this, this carrier is still trying to call me, I spoke to one person from the carrier this morning, couldn't really understand him, at the same time I was on the phone with my bank representative. there may be some error were I sent the money to, they are still demanding a payment.
Advertisement

#382189 by george yoxtheimer Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 am
Subject: NB: INSURANCE COVER NEEDED FOR YOUR KITTEN

LPM

Addressed to;

North Central West Virginia Airport

Dear customer,

your booking has been confirmed and kitten has been received. You can track your transaction details from our website using the link http://www.airanimalpet-movers.com If there are any errors on your information, please respond to this email address for corrections.

Your tracking number is: AAP***********

Dear customer,

you will have to pay insurance coverage (PET CARE) for the transportation of your kitten. The insurance is refundable which means that it is refundable only to receiver at point of arrival.

The insurance for your pet is mandatory and it has to be settled 2 hours before departure time.

What does Pet Care cover?
•Pet return if the insured is hospitalized and cannot care for their pet. In most plans, the costs related to the pet’s return are paid by the insured – the assistance services team will make the arrangements and follow up.
•Assistance services for pet-related services such as veterinarians, dog walkers, and local pet sitters.
•Two plans stand out with unique pet benefits: Travel Select and Travel Max both offered by Travelex. These plans include emergency veterinarian care up to $1,000 for a dog or cat (or both) if traveling with the insured. In addition, they provide up to $10,000 for pet transportation costs to return the pet home if left unattended.
Important notes about this coverage
◦For trip delays, you will need to provide documentation from the licensed commercial kennel indicating the planned pick-up date and the actual pick-up date for your pet.
◦For trip delays, you’ll need to provide written documentation of the reason for the delay from the common carrier.
◦Plans that provide any type of pet care coverage also typically have pet-related assistance services for locating local vets, pet-sitters, dog walkers and more.

THIS INSURANCE FEE IS REFUNDED TO RECEIVER AT ARRIVAL

1 Sphynx kitten, Tested and confirmed for delivery without a comprehensive exam and treatment fee. Calculated below.

Veterinary invoice*

Amount paid by policy holder

Benefit schedule allowance per-incident**

Amount reimbursed by VPI when kitten arrives at your airport

Animal Life Cover

LPM calculated taxes

Total claim amount filed with LPM AFTER ARRIVAL

$980.00 USD

LPM per-incident deductible

-0 Usd

Sub-total of eligible expenses

$980 USD

How Reimbursements Work

Typically, pet insurance provider uses one of the three methods in determining reimbursements: listed below:
•CASH (When Pet courier arrives your Home)
•BANK TRANSFER (Three bank working days after arrival)
•MASTER CARD... (Direct Transfer the Department of Insurance (DOI) & Policyholders through their statisticians knows the % reimbursement which is available for pet's accidents, injuries and illnesses...............
Details about the ON LINE CHECK IN will be filled and emailed over to your when we confirm Re-Fund Able Insurance change
•*Veterinary fees vary STATE to STATE, per your veterinarian's discretion.
**The benefit allowance amount replenishes with each new incident. An incident is a new condition that causes you to consult a veterinarian. Chronic or ongoing conditions, such as allergic dermatitis, are considered to be one incident no matter how many times a veterinarian is consulted.
***VPI pays 95% of covered veterinary expenses up to the benefit schedule, less your$5 per-incident deductible.

FLIGHT ITINERARY

Depart

(BOS) - Clarksburg Airport

Tues, Feb 26

LPM

Leading Movers 4244 · Regional jet · Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145

Operated by Expressjet Airlines DBA

Tuesday, Feb 26

Leading Movers 4319 · Regional jet · Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145

Operated by Expressjet Airlines DBA

PAYMENT FOR REFUNDABLE INSURANCE POLICY AND SEDATIVES BELOW;

PAYMENT ADDRESS.

COPY OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW AND DRIVE TO ANY CVS STORE FOR MONEYGRAM OR WALMART IN YOUR AREA AND PAY USING THE WIRE TRANSFER SERVICE(10 minutes service), PAY TO OUR HEAD QUARTERS IN THE DETAILS BELOW, SINCE THE MONEY IS REFUNDED UPON ARRIVAL.

Receiver: Jaylen Jones

Amount...$980.00 (including taxes)

OR YOU CAN SEND FUNDS DIRECTLY INTO OUR ACCOUNT USING ZELLE:

ZELLE ACCOUNT EMAIL IS [email protected]

AS SOON AS THE PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED, GET BACK TO US

BY REPLYING TO THIS EMAIL WITH THE CONFIRMATION RECEIPT..

Summary
•Travel insurance benefits for pets is extremely limited and only a couple of plans offer any real protection for pets
•When making a travel delay claim for pet-related fees, you’ll need appropriate documentation from the kennel
•Your pet must be healthy and have updated shot records for pet benefits to be payable
•Your pet must be checked in with a licensed commercial boarding kennel for pet benefits to be payable

Thanks
Home delivery Manager

Mr. Molando Fred

SECRETARY
Mrs Mitchel Brown
www.airanimalpet-movers.com

(918)917-8262

We are number one in the world of transporting animals
#382196 by Tim Atem Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:46 am
I'm sorry this happened to you, and thank you for reporting the scam details.

You need to file a report at IC3, give them as much information as you can:

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

Also, go back to your bank and request to speak with someone in the Fraud department, not just a teller. Explain to the Fraud department that you are a scam victim - show them the emails.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5