Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#39057 by Kitch3ntools Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm
Hello im new to this forum. i joined because i almost just got scammed. i did a google search of Westie puppies and stumbled across this website, i answered the add and the man said he could not keep the puppies doe to the mobile nature of his job, well i live in CT and the puppies were posted in RI (not a far drive) but then said he was in KY but he still sounded pretty legit(thought he was a puppy miller) they ended up calling me demanding their money right away (only 190$ shipping for the puppy) i couldnt understand his English and his connection was terrible! i hung up on him and he called me back a couple times untill i told him i was at work theres nothing i could do right now. he finally stoped calling. i did some research and found out the shipping company "GlobalPets Travel Express" doesnt exist. i sent the man a nasty email telling him id contact the police if he trys to contact me again and i blocked his phone number. i searched on the website at other dog breeds and find the same email on Yorkies, westies, shih tzus and Lhasa apsos, his name is Stiven Bryan. looks like ill be searching the local pounds again (ive been looking for a dog seance june)
Advertisement

#39064 by Dotti Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:37 pm
Welcome!

I'm glad you didn't lose money to this scammer. Just to clarify--dogsnow.com appears to be a typical classified ad site, and is not a scam site. The site itself isn't a scam, but they don't screen the "breeders" posting puppies, so lots of scammers take advantage of the chance to post their scams for free.

Could you post any emails you received from him, including the headers (the beginning with the to/from information--just delete your own name/email address)? If there is a fake shipping company, our site killers can use evidence to kill it.

Good luck on your search. Incidentally I work in animal welfare myself, and though there tend to be fewer options on the east coast, shelters and rescue groups in the midwest generally have their hands full--there are still lots of dogs in need of homes out there!

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.