Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:38 am
www.activepughomes.com

Fake breeder site

[email protected]

Domain Name: ACTIVEPUGHOMES.COM
Registrar: DREAMHOST, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 431
Whois Server: whois.dreamhost.com
Referral URL: http://www.DreamHost.com
Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 25-jun-2016
Creation Date: 25-jun-2016
Expiration Date: 25-jun-2017

Please post any emails from this scam after removing your personal information.

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

by mswenson Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:13 pm
The redacted e-mail thread follows at the end. The "seller" was asking for payment via Walmart-to-Walmart money order.

Some other interesting things:

The e-mail had a jpeg attachment showing a certificate for AKC Breeder of Merit for Phillip Scott, presumably the owner/operator of activepughomes. AKC and AKC directed sites (https://www.apps.akc.org//apps/breederinfo/breeder_search.cfm
and http://pugs.org/breeder-directory) contain no information about this person. This "company" is supposedly located in Minnesota, but Minnesota has only one AKC registered pug breeder, and it's not Phillip Scott.

The "company" has supposedly been in business since at least 2010 based on the copyright notice on their website, but Googling it turns up nothing. Also, Googling 'Phillip Scott pug' turns up nothing. As Scamwarners already mentioned, the domain name was registered with IANA less than a month ago.

On their web page, they have twitter, facebook, and pinterest icons at the bottom of the page, but clicking on them redirects you back to their home page and not to twitter, facebook or pinterest.

The "free shipping" is a red flag. It is approximately $300 for airfare from Minneapolis to my area, and they are supposedly sending someone with the dog. I'm not sure what they charge to ship a dog, but it can't be less than $50. So, that is at least $350 and they are only charging $500 total? They have "coupons" from their "shipping agent" for free airfare???

The e-mail contains some phrasing that I would not expect from a native english speaker. I assume that someone named "Phillip Scott" would be a native english speaker. I doubt that anyone named Phillip Scott is actually associated with this "company".

And now the e-mail thread -
activepug homes [email protected]

To: XXXX XXXXXXX <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Respond to your inquiry on (Tina) Female pug puppy

at Walmart you request to make a walmart to walmart money transfer

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 7:12 PM, XXXX XXXXXXX <[email protected]> wrote:
Is payment through Walmart a type of wire transfer?

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 20, 2016, at 12:08 PM, activepug homes <[email protected]> wrote:

8 weeks old and we accept payment via Walmart

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 7:03 PM, XXXX XXXXXXX <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello, can you tell me how old this puppy is? Also, what form of payment do you accept?

Thank you,
XXXX

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 20, 2016, at 9:12 AM, activepug homes <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Greetings from our family and thanks for your time to contact regarding the puppies.

Honoring your request, we will gladly reserve Tina for you since it's still available and ready to go.

The puppy is 100% healthy, very active and playful, ready to go now. Great with kids and other pets. Doing perfectly well with basic obedience/behavioral training.

Fully vaccinated and have had all shots, potty and crate trained. Will come with all papers being mainly adoption, health guarantee, registration and our 100% refund/replacement policy.

As regards the parents, our puppies are whelped from a long line of perfectly healthy dogs, no hips, eyes or heart problem, little to no shedding.

Considering how much we care for our puppies, we only offer high standard, quality shipping and delivery services with major airlines like Delta Airlines and American airlines,etc.

The puppy will be shipped by air from one of our major airports here in Minnesota where we are located.

The puppy will travel in the personal care of an agent, will be well cared for, fed and watered. 100% safe delivery guaranteed. Same day shipping and delivery.

Total cost of $500 with free shipping and you pick it up from your nearest airport. Or $50 extra if you want home delivery.

We currently have vouchers from our shipping agent to ship at no extra cost, so if you make your purchase now that these coupons are still available and valid, we will be able to ship your puppy free of any extra charges. Otherwise shipping will cost an additional $280.

The puppy comes with:

-A life time Support in case help is required.
-Toy/Treats.
-Collar and Leash.
-Small Crate.
-Small Blanket (for taking home mom's smell).
-Feeding booklet and food packs that will last for at least days.
-100% health and money back Guarantee.

You can be gotten the puppy anytime soon, just let us know if you are ready to confirm your order now so that we can as well confirm the reservation and put the puppy on hold.
We always schedule shipping accordingly so delivery can be done the same day we ship to avoid prolonged flying time.

Shipping arrangements commence once payment is received for your puppy.
However, the puppy can still be shipped later at your convenience after you have paid for it.

Please kindly let us know if you are ready for the puppy now so that we can put it on hold for you and proceed with payment to confirm the order.

Before you are provided with directions on how to pay for your puppy, we'll like your confirmation if you want home delivery for $50 extra making the total $550 or you'll be able to pick up from your nearest major airport.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email back or call-Text . 763-220-8474
Awaiting your response.

Thanks and kind regards..
by Mike Wilson Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:59 pm
hello mswenson,
Thank you for taking the time to post the emails from this scammer. I am sure this will help others avoid losing money to this criminal.
If you have any other questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:51 pm
This appears to be the same scammer as is running Rocks Bulldogs (I recognized a phrase he used). He is Cameroonian, which accounts for the phrasing you noticed.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
by vonpaso xlura Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:15 am
Same template, same registrar and nameserver, almost same IP address, only a few weeks later registered, big chunks of same text:
dynamicpugs.com
Also fake.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10