Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#431540 by RavonMystiq Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:14 pm
Hello, Everyone --

I'm being actively scammed. No, I'm not falling for it, nor am I letting on that I know he's trying to shake me down. Same old songNdance: Puppy Scammer.

Just the fax, Ma'am:
* Scammer's profile -- https://www.facebook.com/ajembu.susan (claims to have "lost" his wife ... pix on the page are all female, from 2015ish ... (He doesn't know I've checked this out. I'm such a dummy who wouldn't know to do that.) "ACTIVE BREEDER" at top of page.
* Scammer's website -- http://www.nauticalglobalshippers.com (be careful -- that could be stolen by him and actually belong to an innocent party) -- Guess what? It's down ... he says, "Yeah for the minute" :lol:
* One of his photos (obviously stolen) takes you here: https://www.facebook.com/DERINESIBERIANHUSKIES/posts/542012564204638

HISTORY:
I posted on a legit FB page, "Dogs In Need of Adoption" as I am looking for an ADULT Golden Retriever for a friend. This page does NOT allow breeders -- or similar animal sellers -- to post there. So this guy posts, "pm me" which of course I did, thinking it might be legit. It ain't.

I responded to him via FB Messenger, not letting on that I'm onto him, and not pointing out his already committed error (adult vs puppy). The guy posts three generic pix of Golden Retriever pups, which immediately red-flagged me hard. (I had inquired about an ADULT, specified desired age range, etc.) ... Onward ...

SCAMMER: Interested in getting male or female
ME: We're looking for a female.
SCAMMER: i am presently in 6130 NW 5th St, Lincoln, NE 68521 just lost my wife here and she was the one taking care of the puppies so the pup will be coming from here but if your not able to pickup here then i can make arrangements here to have the pup delivered to you through a pet delivery service
ME: Oh, that must be expensive.
SCAMMER: delivery fee is $70 (Umm, legit pet transporters charge roughly $250-$300 from his "location" to mine -- NOTE: He doesn't yet know where I live :roll: ... I said nothing, of course.)
SCAMMER: Everything is going to cost you $300 (Umm, legit GR breeders are currently getting $200-3000 for registered purebred pups.)
SCAMMER: Gender: male/female
Costing: $230
Height full grown: 14inches
Weight full grown: 40-55lbs
✅AKC Registered..
✅ Dewormed
✅ Vaccinated
✅Vet checked
✅Flea treated
✅Up to date
✅ Micro chipped
✅Potty trained
✅ Shots taken
✅1year health warranty ---------->>>> (All copied from a legit breeder site, I'm sure.)
SCAMMER: where are you located
ME: I am located in CT
SCAMMER: how soon will you be needing the pup
ME: I had not expected a puppy, and will have to get the house puppy-proofed before arrival. What are the payment details?
SCAMMER: cashapp, zelle and venmo
ME: I'm not familiar with any of them. I have credit cards, though.
SCAMMER: you go to a Walmart store and get Amazon gift card
SCAMMER: can you do that
ME: No, I can't do that.
SCAMMER: You need to get cashapp on your phone
ME: (and this is truth) I don't have a smartphone. Besides, I don't believe in making transactions over the phone. I only use credit cards.
SCAMMER: Alright am going to send you a link for you to buy bitcoin through your credit card ok
ME: I don't use Bitcoin, either.
SCAMMER: You buy coins through your credit card ok (Buy Bitcoin LINK)
SCAMMER: Buy Bitcoin with Credit Card of Debit Card Instantly
ME: So how long does it take to get the puppy? And I don't know about paying for a puppy I can't see. Those are just generic pictures.
You receive you pup in less than 24 hours
SCAMMER: When you are done ✅ with the payment Take a screenshot of it and send to me
SCAMMER: Then I will be needing your full delivery info
full names......
mibile phone number........
house address....
state and city.....
post code.....
and email address
ME: That's pretty fast transport. (He promised 24-hour delivery. Google Maps says it's a 22-hour drive (legit dog transports stop every 2 hours for puppies, and NEVER drive overnight) :lol:
ME: But I need to see my puppy.
SCAMMER: Presently am at the delivery service trying to get a pup ready for delivery (generic pic of puppy in airline crate)
SCAMMER: I already send you pics of the available Golden pup waiting for you to make e choice ✅ (generic pic of puppy gift basket)
ME: What is your website?
SCAMMER: http://www.nauticalglobalshippers.com/
SCAMMER: nauticalglobalshippers.com - Registered at Namecheap.com (Pic inside car with puppy -- defaults to a husky breeder's page)
ME: Website is down.
SCAMMER: Yeah for the moment
SCAMMER: Are you done
SCAMMER: Hello
Advertisement