Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#57545 by melanie56 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 am
I answered an ad for a loan offer, the ad looked genuine, but when I received the reply from this person, I am pretty sure it was a scam, this is what he replied with.

Hello?Yea, I saw your message indicating your interest to get a loan. I can assure you that the loan offer is totally legitimate, have no fear about that. All you will be required to do is to pay a processing fee after your loan has been approved. If you agreed to the above statement kindly fill the application form below so i can send you a well calculated terms and conditions. Thanks as i await your response.

HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out the application form below: loan applicationform
Full name * -----
Sex* -----
Your Email----- *
Your Phone *
Your address * ----
Your City ------- *
State / Province * ------
Your Country----- *
Fax -----
Credit Score * ------
Profession * ---
Have an account? * ---
Have you applied before? ---- *
Loan Amount needed * ----
Loan Duration * ----
Purpose of loan * -----

Regards Barry Brown

Am I correct in thinking that this is another scam. I only have an email address which is [email protected]
thanks
:(
Advertisement

#57552 by Dotti Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 pm
Yes, it's a scam.

Fees for loans are typically taken out of the loan itself, not paid up front.
Lenders do not ask you for a credit score--they get it themselves from the appropriate agencies.
Real lenders also do not have you submit forms using unsecure email, and the questions themselves are wrong --they ask more questions about your financial status--after all, they want to make sure you can pay it back!)

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.