Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#3607 by Crispy Duck Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 am
This scammer is attempting to recruit a Payment Clerk, using the name of a bona-fide Company in Cyprus. He advertises the position on Craigslist.

Cyleds Ltd is a real company & their name has been stolen to add credibility.

In the first letter, the scammer uses an almost identical company name (Ayleds Ltd.) which does not exist. He asks for replies to be sent to [email protected].

Ayleds Ltd.
My name is Ben Munoz, I'm the Head of Human resources for Ayleds Ltd. I live and work in Paphos, Cyprus where our company is based. We deal mainly in LED products ranging from LED display screen, LED billboards, LED lamps, LED stages and much more.

We got your resume for the application for our ad on craigslist. We are sincerely sorry to inform you that the position you applied for has been occupied. I personally went through your resume and you have been picked for an alternative Job which is the position of a Cashier because we need someone that will be handling payments for us.

This job is a legitimate job because i need someone that will be working on my behalf receiving payments from our clients. We usually make lots of supplies to our clients in USA for which i am always the one that will travel over to come and receive our payments and have them cashed but its always too stressful for me coming over to the states every week or the other and which is much more expensive coming over.

So, in other to avoid this, i need someone that will be working as a cashier who will be receiving payments from our clients and i am ready and willing to pay you 10% of each payment you receive and forward.

This is a Great opportunity for anyone who wants to work or make extra income without it affecting your present job. There are no calling strangers or taking surveys or anything like that. The minimum salary you will be earning weekly is 10% which is about $400 - $700 of each payment you will be receiving.

If you're interested in taking this job, kindly respond back to me ASAP with your;

FIRST NAME ...................................
LAST NAME ...................................
ADDRESS(p.o. box not applicable) .......................................
CITY ..............................................
STATE ...........................................
ZIP CODE .......................................
CELL PHONE NUMBER .....................
SEX ..............................................
AGE ..............................................

Thanks for your anticipated action and i hope to hear back from you.

Regards,

Ben Munoz
Ayleds Ltd.

Once replied to, the writer then uses the name of the legitimate company.

Dear Bxxxxx ,

Upon receiving the requested details from you, i'm glad to inform you that you have been put on the job and you'll be working as our Cashier starting from henceforth. In regards to how you have been given a detailed information about the job earlier, Your job will be to receive and forward payment on behalf of our company as our Cashier. You are to deduct 10% of all funds processed on a particular order & forward the remaining balance to any of the company head accountant that will be given to you later.
Should in case you want to discontinue working for us, You will have to notify us a week ahead So as to terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict. You'll be receiving further updates & payment instructions soon.

Regards,

Ben Munoz
Cyleds Ltd.

Next comes a letter from the supposed accountant, explaining how to clear the payments.

Dear ,
I want to use this opportunity to inform you that a payment will be coming to you this week from one of our clients. Once you get it, You are expected to take it to your bank and get it deposited for 2days for it to clear.

I will be providing you with the tracking details including the details you will be using to forward the balance as soon as i have it forwarded to me so you can keep an eye on it and do get back to me once you get this.

Regards,

Sheryl Whittle
Cyleds Ltd.

Then comes the instructions on how to send the balance - using a 'mule' in America.

Dear ,
This is to inform you that a payment from a client of ours which you will be processing is already on its way to you. You are to deposit the payment at your bank for one - two days for it to clear after which you will go and withdraw the funds, deduct your pay which is 10% and forward the rest to our head account clerk in USA.
Below is the fedex tracking number for the payment coming to you so you can keep an eye on it.

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?language= ... xxxxxxxxxx

Once you get it, you're required to get it deposited for one - two days like i mentioned earlier and then proceed to withdraw the funds. i'll email you later with the details of our head account clerk that you'll forward the rest of the money to.

Regards,

Sheryl Whittle
Cyleds Ltd.

The money will be transferred via Western Union to the "head account clerk" - leaving the original receiver of the check with a problem, once their bank informs them that the check is fake or fraudulent. It may also be a case of 'money laundering', should the check be found to be stolen.
Advertisement