The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#150121 by Janey Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 am
Some time ago I registered on a Dating Site by accident, believing it to be a music site. Bearshare. I was contacted by a member there & we did exchange a few messages, he then asked me to reply to him via his personal e-mail address. I wasn't aware of scammers or the like, so I did contact him & we exchanged mail for quite some time until it became obvious to me that something was not quite right. His only interest was in finding a "good" woman & getting married again, as he claimed he was divorced because he caught his ex wife cheating on him with his best friend when he came home early from a Business trip...I did cease any further e-mails from him. I was rather naive, not knowing anything about online dating or any of the tricks these people get up to. I did go to Google to find out more about online dating & received some information that said there were good & bad results in online dating & it was becoming a popular way of meeting people. After some months I decided to try online dating, & had a few messages from a few men who all seemed to be the same, profile wise. The same type of occupation, good photo's, usually a child involved & the wife either dying in an auto accident or been caught cheating..I decided not to pursue it & de activated my profile, only to have one last message sent to me. A person claiming to be a soldier, his message was nicely written, not the usual bad grammar or spelling errors & he asked nicely if he could send an e-mail & some photo's. To my surprise it was the same man who had contacted me earlier. I have only sent one message to him, knowing who he is & after reading about scam baiting I decided to see how far he would go & if he would ask for money. He did ask me if I understood his e-mail about his description of himself & his work, to which I answered yes, but I'm wondering if he remembered writing to me & this was his way of finding out. I have found out in the meantime he had scammed a woman in America by sending her money to deposit in her bank account & she is now being faced with a law suit of being accomplice to laundering money. In one way I would like to find out what he is really up to & maybe help this woman or if I should just cease contact with him. I had used a different name & told him a different story about myself & family so he might not suspect anything, as I really would like to be able to get something on him & help this poor woman. The only thing he knows about me is that I am a widow, have 3 children & live in Australia. I would never be silly enough to give any further personal details to anyone I didn't know or to send photo's. I just say I don't know how to put photo's on a computer as it's something I have never done.The only experience I have with this, is what I have read on this site & I did manage to post a photo here & reported him as a scammer. It has been at least a year since I had heard from him & I'm sure it it just con incidence that I did hear from him now, as there was nothing that could be related between the two incidences. I did not fill out a long profile, just the basic facts as to marital status & the country I live in. I'm not sure if I should proceed with this or just ignore him..The only reason I ask is because I keep thinking of the poor women he scammed & the trouble she is now facing & would like to see him held accountable for his actions. ????Janey
Advertisement

#150214 by jolly_roger Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:24 pm
Yes Janey I can verify this so called internet dating is simply fraught with danger. Is the main reason I stopped. It's unfortunate, but the trickster will be extremely difficult to trace and will not bought to account :cry: . Everything you would have been told is a lie because the life of a thieving scammer is one of deceit, lies and trickery! If you wish to lead the scammer on or play with it, there are other websites that deal with scam baiting. Having said that, I would simply cease communicating with the tosspot with immediate effect. Don't give the trickster any reason or confrontation. I do understand how you feel but maybe move on with your life.