The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
Advertisement

#138198 by carin Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 am
The person who send this photo's to me live in malaysia and said that he is on duty in Afghanistan. He is 25 years in the army and go whit retirement. The ärmy" send you by mail documents for full in and you must pay for the leave request. (a western union payment) After that it takes a day of 4 than you have a message from the ärmy" that you also most pay the cost for US tag insurence and ticket. this is a bank to bank transaction to malaysia. I did all and believe me it cost me a lot of money. After this i keep asking for the documents from US taf insurence and ticket. A payment to malaysia takes time in the fast way 4 day's other 6 day's in normal way. After 4 day's i have a bookingformulair from KLM in my email nothing more from the "army". In the same email standing that I must pay also BTA because from aghanistan to Egypte the nost maybe pay for passing the border. On this moment
i think this is not good because you travel by army to egypt so why must you have there also money for. This case is very hot because the person keep talking to me. I will all what i have load up to here, This are a very good scammer I lost a lot money and i must find i way to report this also on a official site in America because this must stop.
#138217 by Dotti Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 am
Thank you for posting the photos. They will help others to avoid being scammed.

However, as Vonpaso already said, there is nothing to report to the US military. They are not involved, and there is absolutely nothing they can do. They do not have any authority to do anything about the scammer. There is nothing that any agency in the United States can do, because NOBODY involved in the scam is American or is on American soil.

If the scammer were American, or were committing crimes on US soil, then the American authorities could prosecute him. If you were American and were a victim of the scammer, and the American authorities knew who the scammer was (and had evidence), they could request that he be extradited to the US to stand trial on your behalf. But you are not American, and the scammer is not American or living in the United States. The scammer is an African man, living in Malaysia. He is not committing crimes on American soil, and there are no American victims (the American soldier whose photo was used has not lost any money, so there is nothing to charge the scammer with on his behalf either.) If you report the crime to the American agencies (FBI, IC3) they might take your report, but they will do nothing, because they have no authority to act when no Americans are involved.

Any actions taken have to go through your government. Your government can apply to the Malaysian authorities for help in identifying and capturing the criminal. Unfortunately, since the scammer has been using completely fake information, there is no easy way to identify him, and the majority of the time the government will not pursue it because the investigation will be too costly.

As far as the US military goes, they are very aware of these scams and they have published several warnings about them. http://www.cid.army.mil/romance_scam.html

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#138222 by carin Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 am
Thanks dotti for your information. it's great to see that my message are read and the answers for my questions is very good. I don't no of you read my message on the heater Is this a scammer. I set there in my first message the emailheater from the us amry and email adres. The ip adress comes from america online maybe is that a way or give me more suport. Can you tell me that?
#138224 by Dotti Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:11 am
You have definitely been in contact with a scammer. There is a large cell of Nigerian scammers operating in Malaysia, and this person is undoubtedly one of them.

The US military does not allow people outside to make requests for a soldier. If you were really dating a soldier, you would NOT be contacted by the US military for any reason. You would NOT have to fill out any forms so that he could talk to you or visit you. You would NOT have any beneficiary forms to fill out either, and either way you cannot be the beneficiary of a soldier who is not related to you or married to you.

Soldiers do not pay for leave or for retirement. If a soldier is eligible for leave, he applies for it himself, through his chain of command. He pays nothing for it, and the US military pays for his travel. You would have nothing to do with any part of the process.

All of these applications and fees are the inventions of the African thieves who use these stories to steal money. None of them are real.

Unfortunately, the AOL IP does not mean the scammer is in, or has been anywhere near, the US. He is simply using a variety of tricks and proxies to make himself appear to be somewhere else, when in reality, he is sitting at a computer in Malaysia. If they are using an AOL email address, it was most likely opened using a proxy that makes the person appear to be in the US. It is very easy to do--just google "free proxy" and you can see that there are literally millions of results. This is part of the reason it is so hard for the authorities to find and prosecute these scammers.

#138232 by Dotti Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am
Unfortunately, we have seen those fake documents many times before. They are the work of African scammers, and the mistakes in them tell us that the scammers have never been to the US and are not familiar with the US. For instance, the scammer doesn't know the difference between a first and a last name, and he switches first and last names on the fake leave form.

It would be best if you edited the document with your name and blacked out your own name to protect your privacy.

#138244 by carin Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 am
This are the documents that where send by "us army" Names in emails from the us army LT. COL. Robert Gonzalez and LT.GEN. STULTZ C. JACK.
adress just by sending gift
Name .............ERICA GOLDING.
ADDRESS...., 35 Rosewood Avenue,
Gracemere 4702, Queensland, Australia.

US AMRY BRANCH.AUSTRALIA.
Reason that there are the US depo for scanning gift before the gifts go to Afghanistan

sending money for leave request
Name: Rosemary Warrichaiet.
Address: 8164 state Highway 22west
City: Oconto Falls
State: WI
Zip Code: 5415.
This are a privat adress and it will explane that people in America working from home for the US Army

For the ticket, US Tag and Insurence must the payment don in a bank to bank transaction to malaysia. Explane was there is the office working for the us amry that take care for booking flights ect.
BANK NAME : RHB BANK BHD

Account Name : REBIAH BINTI DULLAH

Account number : 1100-2800-490-580

Account Swift Code: RHBBMYKL

BANK Address : 79, Plaza Selangor. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 51200

OFFICES ADDRESS. BLOCK 373. Plaza Mutira Road. Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 51200

and the money for travel was also a western union payment

FIRST NAME: ABD MALIM BIN

LAST NAME: DULLAH

ADDRESS:
79, Plaza Selangor. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 51200

So i hope that all my information helps other persons and give no money to this person "Christopher Cappel" emailadres [email protected] and army email [email protected] whit names i write on top from this message. This case takes a total from 5 weeks a lot of things comming in the conversations up. I think realy to speak white the soldier and all what is in life from a soldier. I have just i think the last call from him and told him that he was a scammer. He nows very well the words fuck you off.
#141905 by angels&demons Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 pm
this person hasnt stopped. I received the same type of information but after asking for money to ship his stuff to me i said i heard this before this is a scam and what worse the one who called me said he is in malaysia told me that i need to make a payment now is a filipina. i told her "fool someone else but not of your race" i told her shame on you
#142417 by began steele Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 am
Good for you Angels. Don't message this scammer any more, Don't ever send money or change cheques,and accept nothing. Remember the system doesn't work the way scammers say it does.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.