The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#101860 by white_butter Sun May 13, 2012 9:23 pm
Hi,
the photos used by the scammers are obviously fake photos.
Would like to know if there are any way that we could find out who are the real person in those photos ?

Please help me.

Regards,
Advertisement

#101890 by Chris Fuller Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 am
Hello white_butter,

Sometimes it may be possible to find where a scammer has stolen photos from. For example, you can upload a photo to Google Image Search, and see whether any matching photos can be found.

The real person in the photographs, however, is unlikely to appreciate being contacted. It will be distressing to them to discover that their photos have been stolen by a scammer and are being used to perpetuate fraud - and there will be nothing that they can do to stop this. Also, of course, the real person in the photographs has a life and family which we know nothing about. We don't know what is happening in their own life at the moment, and we don't know how intrusive contact from a total stranger could be.

The most important thing is simply to know that the photos you receive are not photos of the person who has been sending the scam mails. Regardless of whether or not you can trace the originals.
#101895 by white_butter Mon May 14, 2012 3:02 am
Hi Chris,
thank you for the respond. I have been dealing with this scammer for almost a year and I am not shy to admit that I am in love with the guy in the photo. When I know about the scam things, I feel so stressful and I can't take my mind away from the guy in the photo.

But yes you are right, he must have his own life and family, that might get disturbed to discover about the photo leaks. and he might not like contact from stranger.

Thanks again Chris, I guess I need to move on..

Regards,