The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
Advertisement

#88640 by AlanJones Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 pm
It's very difficult to be certain just from an email address and the bland Facebook profile, but if he has done one of the following:

• Asked you for money
  • Asked you to pay for a satellite phone to speak to him
  • Asked you to apply for leave for him
  • Asked you to receive a trunkbox for him

Then yes he is a scammer.

If he hasn't done any of the above then it doesn't mean he is legit, he might just be working up to it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#109026 by tammyi Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 pm
I have been contacted by a scanner going by MajorGeneral Joseph Anderson. This guy is using a photo of the real General. Wanted me to pay to ship his belongings here so he could come see me. No he didn't get any money from me. This guy is not smart. He fond me on skype. So a few weeks ago he wanted me to add him again so I did an I have had a great time playing with him.lol I will drag this on an play with him for as long as I can. HAHAHA
the emails he is using is [email protected] and he uses [email protected]
He will sweet talk you.
#113191 by CaptSquid Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:24 pm
I've received many letters of that nature, usually from someone claiming to be a service member. One dolt my age (I'm 57) claimed that he was a Captain of the US Corps of Marines. He supplied me with a photo of his Illinois Drivers License, issued Last Name First Name Middle Name. He said his last name was Middle Name. Had this been true, he would have been at least a Lieutenant Colonel on the short list. If he was just a Captain, he would have been RIFed (Reduction in Force) for failure to advance.

My advice to you, should you receive mail of this nature, is to ask for:

1. His Name and Rank
2. His Serial Number
3. His unit and APO/FPO address.

and claim that you want to use Snail Mail to prevent electronic footprints.

They'll usually claim that this information is classified (it isn't) and you'll never hear from them again.

BTW, I'm a Veteran, so scams like this really P*SS ME OFF!
#117322 by KristinWard Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 pm
Hmm, I've seen something like this before Its possible that the pictures and information sent are very real but unlikely that their the ones behind messages. Just recently there was a scam asking for money to help support injured troops and the photo they used was of a deceased officer. The father was rather outrages.

link removed by Dotti. Scamwarners does not allow advertising links in signatures.
#160215 by kcgirl4067 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm
cant believe i register to this site and you have the pic of the soldier that scammed me which i know its not him and ive known this since last summer [email protected] but still kinda caught me off guard wow cant believe it i only hope that the guy that used this mans photos for which i have alot of his photos as well gets punished.. god bless the real soldier sincerely kcgirl