The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#76043 by clever Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:23 pm

He says he is colonel Thompson Greene, lives in Kabul, Afghanistan or
Thompson Greene, lives in New Jersey.
e-mail: [email protected] - the IP-address points to Wayne, Pennsylvania.
I met him at Tagged.com, there he had 2 accounts, they are deleted. Later I found him at Myspace, I got him deleted there.
I was suppose to ask for his leave or retirement. We are engaged, to be married. lololol This was sent to [email protected]. I got suspisious because it should not be .com but .mil or .gov. Commander Robert G. Barber was very pleased and sent me a form that I should fill out and return. His e-mail was like this:
[email protected] on behalf of [email protected] ([email protected])
Be aware that they try to camoflage their e-mail-adresses to thrustworthy adresses.

I did never open the attachement. I checked the file and it was not a pdf-file as it said it was. I do believe it might have been a virus. I also suspect that Thompson Greene knows that I blew him.
I asked to send him Christmasgifts, but it was easier to send money. I was supposed to contact Princewill Ovhwumuahwe, I got an adress and phonenumber. I did not take contact. This man was a Military Intelligence Officcer on visiting to US Secret services in Greenland/Denmark. This Prinscewill O. has also had an account on Myspace that is deleted.

The bad part is that I still love him, but he is not more to love that Donald Duck, I'm working for my brain to understand.

- clever -
working for a safer place in cyberspace
Advertisement

#76343 by clever Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 am
In this specific case I reported to the US Army. I feel this is a crime against the reel Mr. Greene more that me because of all the pictures I got. I also had a specific IP adress, so there is a good chance to get to him. Note that this e-mail is to .mil and not .com or anything else.

This is a copy of the answer:
To: xxxxx (I used my official e-mail adress)
Case: Defense Hotline Case Number xxxxxx

Dear (I used my real name here):

Thank you for your November 27, 2011, correspondence to the Department of Defense (DoD) Hotline.

The DoD Hotline has received many complaints involving individuals purporting themselves to be service members requesting assistance with the leaves and transfer of service members from Iraq or Afghanistan. If you receive such emails in the future, do not respond and simply delete the email. If you feel the individual is specifically targeting you, or you continually receive similar emails, please report the matter to your local law enforcement agency.

I appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention.

Sincerely,

DEPARTMENT OF DEFNES HOTLINE TEAM

This e-mail is from the Office of the Inspector General, Department of Defense, and may contain information that is "Law Enforcement Sensitive" {LES} or "For Official Use Only" {FOUO} or otherwise subject to the Privacy Act and/or legal and or other privileges that restrict release without appropriate legal authority.

- clever -
working for a safer place in cyberspace
#76377 by began steele Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:12 pm
Alas the supposed Colonel seems to be wearing a Command Sgt Major Navy uniform and rank badges, with the girl. Don't tell this to scammer.
Enlisted soldiers who attain the distinction of being selected by the Department of the Army for participation in the command sergeants major program are the epitome of success in their chosen field, in this profession of arms. There is no higher grade of rank, except Sergeant Major of the Army, for enlisted soldiers and there is no greater honor.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navybase ... vbase5.htm
Google image search isn't showing who it is yet. There are limited holders of this rank. I am sure there is photoshopping on these pictures. Especially the top one . A mixed bunch of pics and maybe of different people

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.