The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
Advertisement

#96396 by myaupairs Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 am
Hi, my niece from Kenya made an aupair contract a year or so ago with an aupair agency in the Netherlands where she sent out a passport photo, copy of passport among other documents.

To date she has never heard from them. I tried to send an email to the agency on her behalf but i never ever got a reply. I fear that they might have taken the documents and are just circulating them for some scam. is there a way I can find out?
#96604 by Chris Fuller Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 am
If it is a genuine au pair agency, then they will not be using any of their clients' documents for scams.

And if the agency was fake, then the scammer will have received dozens or maybe hundreds of documents, including passport scans, from the targets of his scams - and it is unlikely that he will have paid any particular attention to anything which your neice sent to him. Au pair scammers only ask for documents in order to appear more believable - and usually they don't even bother to look at them.

Therefore, I don't think that your niece needs to worry about this.