The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#5132 by 10992068 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:29 am
please re-post image, I removed my address from image, and added "fake"

not sure how to make the pictures work, or if the will show up, if not just copy and paste. This Check is GOOD, and wachovia was NO help. spent two hours on the phone with them, only to be told is is a good account!

Finally spoke to account owner (much searching to get his phone number) he tells me THOUSANDS of these fake checks have been ran through, he is on the phone all day long trying to explin to people why his checks bounce!

Sorry, I will write fake on the nexts ones I post!

Also, the DHL Envelope I got the check in. This si very current, as the checks are all over the USA today. Owner of the Account said they are somehow in Russia, but you can see by the address it was mailed from, the sender is in Florida...
Last edited by 10992068 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#5133 by Holly Brown Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:10 am
No wonder Wachovia is in trouble. :(

Good on you for finding the company and calling them.

It's possible that someone in Florida was sent a pile of those checks and "employed" to print them out with large amounts, sign them, and send them to who knows how many other people. Judging from what the company said to you, it was a lot of people.

Did you take the check and envelope to your local law enforcement to get advice on how to proceed?

#5134 by 10992068 Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 am
No, I am sure they are clueless. the account owner has not had anyone offer to help him with the problem. So, I am sending the check and envelope to him Fed Ex so he has the orginal documents to take to wacovia and the police.