The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#281438 by Lavkoto Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:05 pm
[Image][/img]

This photo might be stolen and used by the scammer. He named himself as Mr Mark Peterson. He sent me a message from a job seeking website and can be contacted on viber +15626867554 .
Advertisement

#281480 by HillBilly Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:15 pm
if you still have the email he sent, would you please post it, along with his email address.
scammers usually have both "From" and "Reply to" addresses that are different. So please just hit reply on the email and see if the same email address appears. If it is different, please list both addresses.

Remove any of your personal information before posting.

#281489 by Lavkoto Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:35 am
Mr Mark Peterson is very smart. We usually talked thru viber and gave me the email add of his supposedly legal adviser, the [email protected]. I emailed that office, but did not reply to my email and sent me fresh email from the same email add. And that office advised me to send another email for visa processing, [email protected].
#281518 by HillBilly Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:34 am
I don't know if I'd call it smart or not.... it is highly unusual for a scammer to use voice over email though (not completely unheard of, just very rare). The majority of them don't want their accents to be heard. But there are times when the voice is a part of the plan, and often it is "a paid actor" doing the voicing.

Thanks for posting those email addresses, phone #, and the M. O. now other people can use search engines to find them :=)

Keep in mind that since this scammer almost had you ( as his victim) he will now try different ways to get back in touch with you, or pass your information onto his scammer buddies and get a "commission" on any of their ill gotten gains if you fall for one of their scams. So be careful of new email names you don't recognize. Also phone calls that you don't know who the # belongs to, just don't answer them. If it is important enough they will leave a message for you.