If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#230493 by Watcha Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:50 pm
Hello! I wanted to post my experience with 2 scamers here, so that other people can find them if they search for their info on google or so:

The first one, Albert Roth [email protected] contacted me through "Ebay Kleinanzeigen" (ebay classifieds for Germany) because he wanted to buy a macbook I was selling. At first he contacted me in poor German and asked for shipping costs to London. He agreed to the price and asked me for my paypal account. Seconds after that I got an email from "paypal" <[email protected] .> (in very bad German...unbelievable!) saying I got the money from Albert and it would show on my account as soon as I provide a tracking number. I answered him that paypal had asked me for his ID since it was an international transaction (because it was so obvious to me it was a scam) and he never got back to me.

Later that day I got a message from Eng Mark Anderson [email protected] asking me (again in poor German) about the price of an ipod touch I was selling through a local classifieds website (Schwarzes Brett), even though the price was on the listing. He replied saying he would pay almost twice the amount plus shipping to London. I told him I only accept money transfers as a payment method. He said it was no problem, but that he would like to change the shipping address to some "West African" country because he would be on a conference (from this point on, he started writing in English). He also said he would pay me 70€ more for the trouble. The address:

Name: tarek mostafa abd elslam elklipy
State: Western Province
City: Tanta
Church dmshit
+201006496615

I told him I only ship within the European Union, so he replied saying that it's ok and I should ship it to London and asked again for my account details. I told him he should just go to an electronics store and buy a new one in London, since it would be cheaper and new.

I hope this is useful for someone.
Advertisement

#230810 by Watcha Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:53 pm
Hello again! so here are the messages:

From "Albert Roth":
Hallo
Endpreis ? Was ist die Versandkosten, es nach London schicken?
Sie akzeptieren Pay Pal oder überweisung?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

I answered his question and his reply:
Hallo
PayPal ID und Total Preis mit Versand bitte ? LG

I gave him my Paypal-Id and got a fake (fake doesn't even begin to describe it actually) Email from "Paypal":
PayPal

PayPal. Sicherererer.

Einfach: Sie bezahlen mit zwei Klicks.

Schnell: PayPal-Zahlungen treffen schnell beim Verkäufer ein.

Sicher: Ihre Bankdaten sind nur bei PayPal hinterlegt.

Erhalten Zahlung von Albert Roth

Guten Tag XXXXXXXXX!

Albert Roth ([email protected]) zahlen, um Sie über PayPal
Geldanforderungsdetails
Betrag: € 490,00 EUR
Hinweis: Kauf Artikel bei eBay

Albert Roth Lieferadresse:

Name der Straße: 43 Sandringham Gardens
Postleitzahl: N1 20NY
City: London
Land: Großbritannien

Erhalten Sie Geld durch PayPal

Mit PayPal ist es einfach, Geld von Albert Roth erhalten.
Bitte beachten Sie: Das Geld wird auf Ihr PayPal-Konto nur, nachdem Sie den Versand bestätigen und an uns senden die Tracking-Nummer.
Bitte antworten Sie auf diese E-Mail die Tracking-Nummer und Reederei.
Herzliche Grüße

Ihr PayPal-Team

I told him that Paypal asked me for his ID and he never replied.

The emails from "Eng Mark Anderson" are as follow:
Wie viel?Wie viel?

I told him how much (which was already visible on the add, 140€) and he replied:

vielen Dank für die Mail,

Ich bieten Ihnen 230 Euro + Versand zu
Großbritannien London

bin aus Großbritannien London
Grüße

Then I told him I only accept bank transfer (until then we spoke "German"). At this point he started responding in English:
I would like the address change because i will be on a trip travels to
the West African country for conference training, and I'll gladly add
€ 70 to the Payment so kindly let me know if yes and get back to me
with your bank account details for payment.

Greetings

he consequently sent an email with "the address" without me having replied first:
bellow is the address:

Name: tarek mostafa abd elslam elklipy
State: Western Province
City: Tanta
Church dmshit
+201006496615

So get back to me with your account details for payment.

Regards.

I told him I only ship within the EU and he replied:
Okay get back to me with your bank account details for payment
so you ship to England.

So I told him to go buy an Ipod in a store, which would be cheaper and new. :dancebaby:
#231138 by Watcha Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 pm
I posted the items anew and got this same guy "Eng Mark Anderson" with a new email address [email protected] reply to both my adds as follows:

wie viel?
Ich interessiere mich für
+447035969961
antworten Sie mir hier:

[email protected]

I haven't tried to call that number and won't (+44 is indeed for England), but after searching it on google, it appears to have been used for another scam before:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/safe-to-sell-750870.html

the other scammer's name was Eng Joshep J Doglas ([email protected])
Last edited by Watcha on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#231139 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:32 pm
+4470 is a redirect phone number which means it can be answered anywhere in the World. Highly popular with scammers they can pretend to be in the UK.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#231146 by HillBilly Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 pm
"live in" London.... no. Pretend to be there, absolutely. and if you had the misfortune to dial one of these #'s, you would be the one paying the astronomical rates for the call, and the forwarding charges to whatever country the real accepting phone is in... see this article : http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... s-are.html

#231631 by Watcha Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:52 pm
that's really brutal with the redirect calls.

I reported the email addresses of the scammers to google and today got 6 new offers on various items I sell on the Schwarzes Brett from two different email accounts with exactly the same lame message asking me for the price of the item (which is listed on the adds already). The accounts are: Gerard [email protected] and Thomas [email protected] and the message in all 6 messages is as follows:

hallo
Preis von Ihnen benötigt
Mfg

Obvious scams and I am a bit concerned cause some of the items I am selling are of very low value, so it feels as if they would purposely be targeting me (but I'm probably just getting paranoid. Too many scams in too little time make Jack a crazy boy :yikes: ).
#231637 by Watcha Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:29 pm
Thanks for that advice. I was hesitating between reporting them to google/hotmail so that their addresses get canceled and the scammers get annoyed and have to open new accounts (it surprises me how easily they get new ones, considering you have to verify them with your phone number nowadays) and maybe they can't....or not doing it and just placing their email addresses here for the world to google. I guess you're right and the second option is best.
What about reporting the emails to the websites they are contacting people from? (these add websites like ebay kleinanzeigen or schwarzes brett?) I just think many people are not so internet-savy and won't look up these email addresses and might get scammed anyway....especially old people...but I guess the argument is the same: the scammers will just use another email address... :( I don't know....
#231705 by Watcha Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:09 pm
I guess it must be because of the holidays. Today I got 4 new Emails from the scammer "Manfred" [email protected] for the same articles I had placed an add for on Schwarzes Brett before. He asks me for my final price in an unnatural and grammatically incorrect German. The message on all the emails is the same:

Hallo,
Guten Tag bitte ich brauche Ihre letzte Preis ??
Mfg

Like I said before, the items are not related to each other and the price is clearly visible on the add. This time I'm just posting the info here and not reporting it anywhere else.
#381798 by krumII Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:18 am
Hi!
The message is in a very strange Bulgarian language. Similar to messages of Albert Roth and Eng Mark Anderson. Maybe it's a modification ...

"Аз съм заинтересован от закупуване на вашия продукт и аз ще искам да знам цената в щатски долари, тук съм само за частна сделка, така че се свържете с мен директно лично по имейл: [email protected]" -
in english "I'm interested in buying your product and will want to know the price in US dollars, here I'm just for a private deal so contact me directly in person by e-mail: [email protected]"