If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#145573 by shell493 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 am
I was contacted on Match.com this is the email he sent to me, i believe he is a scammer too~

Hello Beautiful

Thanks so much for getting back at me...it was nice to reading from you and i so much appreciate your response,once again, i am Richard Wilson by name,Am originally from Canada, my father is from the French side of Canada(Quebec) but i have lived my youth life in the State.Hum so where do I start from. Honestly...I'm kind of skeptical of this whole process. Never tried it before. it's really disturbing to come into this Online stuff to see how much people appreciate love but yet we have to go extra mile to get this straight status,...I am an engineer by profession,I am an independent building contractor and i travel around the world for work.you can check out more about my Job from www.reynoldsconstructioncompany.com. i enjoy my job as it get me to see more countries and their culture But I am really thinking of hanging the hat this year, I think after getting all the wealth in pursuit, I have come to realize that we are nothing without a partner, I have paid so much focused on my business. Later on I realize that a life without a partner is worthless.

I don't mean just a woman but I mean someone who would stand by me no matter the situation. A woman who I can always call my wife, a witch who would protect me like a lioness and I can promise to protect her beyond all vices..A woman who tells me, honey, you can do it, no matter what I want to do. I have really worked hard in the past yrs to get this height.I have seen faces of women on this site, many of whom have been taken for granted, many of whom are not being reciprocated, but I have come with a good news and a bad news... the good news, I have come on here in search of a workable relationship, a woman to make me happy, my soul mate, my best friend, my copilot, but the bad news is that I have only one woman to do this for. LOL I saw something in your face, something that made my heart pause to read your precious profile, something that tickles in the heart, could there be love at first sight? Ha-ha maybe we could find that out, LoL

I have lived all my youth life in Advance,NC....and i moved back to Canada January 2011 due to some reason which will know about in the nearest Future ands also to settle down finally with the right woman, I have been single since i lost my wife 9 years ago due to leukemia disease,i have been alone since then and i am sick and tired of being single,I am looking for an honest loving and caring woman, someone i can trust and grow old with,i am open minded straight forward and reliable person.I would love to know more about you more,not only the good side of you but your flaws too.. I will not be here for too long. I'm talking about fate here, when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams

I am friendly and enjoy meeting new people,I love kids and always want them around me but i have not been lucky to be a father due to the death of my wife...I am ready for a steady and everlasting relationship with an honest caring woman who is ready for a life term relationship....am only looking for a serious woman i means serious woman who is ready for a better commitment.i want a nice honest woman in my life..and am ready to start a better relationship.. i attached my photos for you to see what i look like,i will write you more about myself and my life when i read from you.

Cheers,

Richard..

--- On Wed, 1/16/13, Michelle Burton <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: hi
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 8:31 PM

Hi Richard,

My name is Michelle. I like your profile. It is better to become friends just to see if we get along...lol
Advertisement

#145580 by Dotti Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 am
I didn't have to make it past the first paragraph before I could say with 100% certainty that the person writing that message is African, not Canadian or American.

Scam, no doubt about it.

Of course, he has no connection to the construction company he references. He just picked a suitable website, and sent you a link.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#145593 by TerranceBoyce Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:09 pm
One of the worsts scripts I've read recently shell493 . but that's not a criticism of you. Your only fault is to be trusting and it's a shame that this scum takes advantage of people who are trusting.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#145602 by shell493 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:19 pm
Terrence. I know, it is a shame that these people prey on people like me. someone who is looking for a nice person to get to know. This just really makes you put your guard up, to all of them. Not just the ones you can spot that is a fake right away.
#384873 by drOdse Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:38 pm
I want to say this is the same “Richard Wilson” person (([email protected]) who I’ve been talking in email to. This time around he’s a financial “adviser”. Born in Italy but gave me his Fre) who I’ve been talking in email to. This time around he’s a financial “adviser”. Born in Italy but gave me his Fresno California telephone number but working in Washington DC. He’s a widower these days (because his wife died of cancer). When I did a google reverse image check, the photo was attached to someone else’ name (of course) and I was able to locate that guy’s same photo on Instagram. I reported the scammer to Plenty of Fish and it appears they’ve removed his account. This letter sounds so much like the one he sent me that I have no doubt it’s him.