If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#435629 by ukpeanut Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:23 pm
Over the weekend I received two emails: 1. That a Square debit card was sent to an old address and 2. An email to activate the card. When I logged into my account, I had to verify with my phone number, but it wasn't mine. It obviously belongs to someone else. I have no idea if my account was hacked. I tried calling over the weekend with no success.

I called this morning (Monday) and spoke to a customer service rep that had to transfer me to another department. I explained what was going on and placed me on she looked into my account. When she came back on the line she said that she couldn't talk to me anymore and had to disconnect the call!?!?! I don't understand. Apparently they could only communicate with my via email!?!?!

I don't understand why a company would disconnect the call and only want to communicate via email!!! I need to know if my account was hacked and get it resolved!!!

I didn't click on any of the emails nor did I activate the card.

What else do you need from me?
Advertisement

#435630 by AlanJones Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:07 pm
This forum deals with Advance Fee Fraud, so this is not something we can help you with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.