If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#413068 by Potluck Gamble Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:56 pm
Hello, my girlfriend was actually scammed just this morning via a Twitter giveaway. It played out just like every other 419 scam, unfortunately she had already sent the first payment before I had noticed what was going on. Twitter handle is @Antalia__, whoever it is is pretending to give out COVID-19 relief, I've already tried reporting the profile, as well as sending the report info through my girlfriends bank and her cashapp.

Are there any further steps I might be able to take? While it would be nice to have the money back it would be even better if the account could be taken down somehow to stop anyone else from falling for it, because there are tons of people replying to this giveaway
Advertisement

#413069 by AlanJones Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm
Thanks for posting, I'm sorry that your girlfriend was scammed. Unfortunately, there is no much else that you can do except reporting it to your local authorities.

The scam tweet:

Due to #COVID19 aka #Coronavirus My team and I will be sending the first 200 people to Like & Retweet this $1,500-$4,000 through CashApp, Venmo or Apple Pay Bank

NO SCAM , NO CARD INFO , 100% LEGIT GUARANTEED IN 10 MINUTES Red heartMoney bag

Must Be Following Me & Drop All Tags Below

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.