If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#389691 by Browneyes Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:31 am
First let me say I never thought I would fall victim to a work from home scam, but I totally did. Here’s my experience!
I replied to a Facebook post for a work from home position processing payroll. My first clue this was a scam should have been that this Alyssa Desadier that posted the ad was very insistent that I trust her when I questioned her about the job. This was supposedly for a company called PayCheck, Inc. I checked for anything about the company on Google, BBB, etc. thought about it and decided to give it a try. Well I was presented with what looked like a legal employment contract to work for this company on legal letterhead of Waller, Langston, Dortch, Davis it was signed by Alyssa and supposedly Maclin Davis. I was to be paid $4k per month plus expenses and my job duties would be to print payroll for workers and send them via USPS or UPS and other errands as requested.

Wasn’t aware of the scam at first everything seemed legit because they would send money via CashApp to go purchase Amazon cards or iTunes cards. When I found out it was a scam and I got defrauded was when it came to my first payday. I was supposed to be paid on the 5th of the month and it took them until the 8th tonswnd my pay check. I deposited the check in my account and immediately was instructed the next day to pull $4000 out of my account and send to Houston, TX and $400 to buy Amazon cards. Although I didn’t feel good about it I went against my gut and did as requested. That same day they sent me two more checks to deposit and immediately the next day I was instructed to pull out $6200 and mail $5000 cash to Houston, TX and purchase $1200 in Amazon cards. The same day instructed to pull out $400 to purchase more Amazon cards. So if the math adds up that is about $11000 I could be out which I questioned and was assured Alyssa had never had a problem with the checks to trust her. Naive I was because everyone of the checks came back fraud/forged and I was left holding the bag for the $11,000.00 to my bank. I reached out to them when this happened immediately and was told they would have it fixed immediately and I would get $21000 for my trouble. I was promised they would meet in person to prove legitimacy but that never happened either. Once Alyssa was aware of the situation she had her manager James (never would give his last name) call me and he assured me that this would be resolved and it was not fraud or a scam. I immediately filed a police report in my local county, filed a report with the FTC and IC3. I have also notified Rogers, AR police as that is where her profile and she said she lived.

However they stayed in contact and promised it would be resolved, I never told them I had reported this as I was gathering intel by this point. When I got more agitated with them and pressed them harder I immediately got blocked and ignored.

What I learned while gathering intel is that they are also perpetrating this on another company called Trammo, Inc and they want your Facebook login info to post these payroll jobs and pose as you when responding to people. Which makes it look like you are the one perpetrating the fraud.

There are multiple people perpetrating this fraud on Facebook and suggesting they work for this PayCheck, Inc.

Had I trusted my gut this wouldn’t have happened to me. Nevertheless it did and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker!

There are several email addresses being used:
[email protected], [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed links to possible victim Facebook profiles
Advertisement