If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#373327 by Donnatella53 Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 pm
I was wondering if any one has been contacted by a man named Jimmy Anderson .He says he is from Sweden but lives in Long Beach California .He is a marine Engineer and got a job in Cape Town . He says he left withe his credit card expired and had an accident and asked me for money . I send him $300 and then 600 . He has a daughter named Lilly . He has been in Cape Town for a year and wants to get back to L. A . He says his bank account has been blocked and he wants me to send the COT which is $3.500 .But I never did . He seems so real or is he a scamner . I have not heard from him in a week . We have benn talking through Hangouts . How can I know for sure if he is a scammer
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: split from unrelated topic
Advertisement

#373329 by AlanJones Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 pm
Anyone you don't know who asks you for money on the Internet is a scammer.

Please help his other victims by posting any email addresses, telephone numbers, etc that he gave you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#403149 by Angela Bezuidenhout Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm
I have had a Jimmy Anderson. Cape Town. Marine Engineer. On Elite Singles...very assertive. Says his daughter is Lilly too. Been here 4 years.
Has a very broad accent on the phone.
He is so believable but you ask him if he is on Facebook..no not really can't remember the password. You can't find him on FB at all.
Yet has already looked me up on Facebook. Extention of the truth right there.
When i WhatsApped him this post he immediately becsmr defensive n completely deny any knowledge.
Not asked me for money but got me interested.
His email is also just from contractors.net.
SA number i need to verify.
I'm so disappointed.
Please be aware....
#403404 by Angela Bezuidenhout Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:22 am
Herewith the email address

[email protected]

I have reported him to Google and to Elite Singles a dating site that he was in a very quickly left.

His SA cell no is:
+27 67 129 8756
Business WhatsApp account..
I cannot verify as yet.

He called me to top up his airtime. Got very annoyed that i could not get in my car n go buy hime airtime.
What an arrogant person.

But professes to be a Marine Engineer.
He's very smooth and professess his love so quickly.
Asks a million personal questions for you to answer via email.
A very broad German accent.
Says his daughter is not allowed on WhatsApp.

I told him he is fake and that i have reported him to Elite Singles and flagged him on Google. And blocked him.
He immediately blocked me in WhatsApp, without hesitation, as i said he is lying and distrusting.

Please be alert!!