If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#44577 by lisadaydream Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:39 pm
Hi, thank you all so much for posting your experiences you stopped me getting hurt and seeing this for what it really is. Sergent David Murray claimed to be a widow with 2 children Helen and James and he wanted me to pay for his leave to come and see me. He said he was from virginia and his email is [email protected]
I met him on are you interested part of face book. This is one of his messages

Dear Hon,

From the very first moment I saw you I knew that we were destined to be together. It has been so long since a woman has captured my attention so fully or made my heart beat the way it did that cool day in May. Your smile lights up my entire spirit. Your laughter fills me with joy, and your mere presence will warm any room. I have no doubt you are the woman Heaven has made especially for me.

Thank you for the comfortable conversations and for asking me to be yours. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your love and wanting to make me your husband. No matter how slowly or at what distance our courtship developes, I know standing before God and our future family, vowing to be your partner for life, was the easiest decision I could have ever made.

Each day that passes makes our love for each other grow stronger. Although I know it’s hard for us to be apart, I know there is nothing that can keep us apart forever. Our desires will continue to stretch across any distance, over every mountain and ocean between us. Nothing can stand between us, and nothing will stop me from meeting you.

You are my future and nothing can ever keep us from our destiny. I miss you more every day. I am here with open arms where you will some day finally arrive... right where you belong.

Love Always,

David

3 Images | View Slideshow | Download Selected | Download All

david H.jpg
(8KB) david m.jpg
(8KB) sitting room with my boy.jpg
(41KB)

thank you again

Lisa
Advertisement

#44580 by Samantha Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:29 pm
Thanks for posting that, and I'm glad you recognized it was a scam before losing money or becoming deeply involved emotionally. It is important to be vigilant as romance scammers are unfortunately very prolific today.
#44592 by lisadaydream Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 am
it was only by googling the question of does usa army charge for special leave and your site came up and after reaading your other ladies experiences that I realised what he was doing. He was good, he sounded so genuine, he offered to show me his Army ID etc, I was definately in danger of falling for it all if I had not found this site.

Thanks again

Lisa
#44953 by sonseyface Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:10 am
Ive just had this one from facebook His name is Deimel Fredrick Scott:
20 January at 13:45 Report
Thank you so much for getting back in touch with me as it actually made my day!,I've been waiting to read from you,,,we're having a hard time here and i really miss home..life has been pretty hectic,,I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.just like to let you know lil more about me...I am 50yrs of age,i have a 14yrs old boy.I have been in the military going to 18 years now,,I am on development here in Kabul Afghanistan,i love my job so much,,,i lost my dad 1995 dad died on kidney prob and this got mum sick and died too it was a sorrow day,,but i think it one of those things...am the only child of my parent they live in New York before they both died,,,my dad was an engineer and mum was a caregiver..love my parent so much too....cos they so much take good care of me,,,God bless dad and mum anywhere they are now,,that is my prayer everyday...am a very good christian cause i so much believe in God,,and i have fear of God too....i,Ryan is my only child and i love hims o much, just that i miss him badly,,,before my wife died am always honest with her and i use one mind with her,,that was why she keeps respecting me,,and am ready to have same mind and heart with who so ever that i love,,and love me too ...my favorite color is blue ..my favorite food is Italian food,,and my favorite sport is basket ball...i love my kid because he's my happiness,he mean a lot to me and i love him so much,i love spending time with my kid.I am 6.0ft tall,I like dogs so much.My favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas..I enjoy long walks either in the park or on the beach. I love to read and share time with my loved one.I like respect and i like to give it our to people.i so much believe in true love,,and love at the first sight..u can ask dear u are free to ask,,,,so an u tell me all about u too,,hope to hear from u soon..

My only reply to his first email was asking where he had seen my picture and knew my DOB and this is what I got back. Im so lucky that there are sights like this, I wouldnt have replied further to this anyway but I know people who would. Why dont facebook remove him. His profile is still there?
#48976 by GomerPyle Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:20 pm
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all

I'm not an American citizen myself but the fact that a scammer is using the American Pledge of Allegiance in his scam to steal from American citizens is indicative of how low they'll sink.

Undoubtedly he thinks he's smart when actually he's beneath contempt and a waste of good spit.

You can trust their lies as readily as you could allow a rattler to look after your pet mouse. They don't know how to do anything but lie, which is why there's no point going beyond the point at which you find them out. The next thing he'll do is continue with other scams he's running, and other victims he's stealing money from.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#49039 by julie banks Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:57 pm
lisadaydream wrote:Hi, thank you all so much for posting your experiences you stopped me getting hurt and seeing this for what it really is. Sergent David Murray claimed to be a widow with 2 children Helen and James and he wanted me to pay for his leave to come and see me. He said he was from virginia and his email is [email protected]
I met him on are you interested part of face book. This is one of his messages

Dear Hon,

From the very first moment I saw you I knew that we were destined to be together. It has been so long since a woman has captured my attention so fully or made my heart beat the way it did that cool day in May. Your smile lights up my entire spirit. Your laughter fills me with joy, and your mere presence will warm any room. I have no doubt you are the woman Heaven has made especially for me.

Thank you for the comfortable conversations and for asking me to be yours. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your love and wanting to make me your husband. No matter how slowly or at what distance our courtship developes, I know standing before God and our future family, vowing to be your partner for life, was the easiest decision I could have ever made.

Each day that passes makes our love for each other grow stronger. Although I know it’s hard for us to be apart, I know there is nothing that can keep us apart forever. Our desires will continue to stretch across any distance, over every mountain and ocean between us. Nothing can stand between us, and nothing will stop me from meeting you.

You are my future and nothing can ever keep us from our destiny. I miss you more every day. I am here with open arms where you will some day finally arrive... right where you belong.

Love Always,

David

3 Images | View Slideshow | Download Selected | Download All

david H.jpg
(8KB) david m.jpg
(8KB) sitting room with my boy.jpg
(41KB)

thank you again

Lisa
#49055 by Bubbles Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 am
Thank you for posting that information. It was taken directly from this site

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#274411 by fareryqueen73 Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 am
Hi everybody Unfortunately I am here because someone on facebook was trying to scam me. His is using the name Leal Jordan Alonzo and as in the previous comments he sent me the whole I love you thing and husband thing. I copied and pasted what he was saying into google and it led me here. I don't know how to put images here or I would but he was using two different pictures one was of a white male late 20's early 30's (I think) wearing an A's hat and the other looks to be a Hispanic male probably the same age in an Army uniform wearing a hat. I don't know where he is getting his pictures but there were other pictures of both on the profile and he sent me a picture via messenger with the army guy and his dog. I wish I could find out who the pictures belonged to because I would like to let them both know that their pictures are being used for fake profiles. Anyway heads up everybody.
#274413 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:32 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

How to post pictures >> Use scamwarners and mark the photo's stolen. Do not post any children's photo's. If you must blot out their faces using paint.

Please also post his email address, phone numbers and FB link.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#274415 by AlanJones Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:03 am
fareryqueen73 wrote:I wish I could find out who the pictures belonged to because I would like to let them both know that their pictures are being used for fake profiles.

This might seem like a good idea, but it really isn't - the people whose photos are being used may be totally fed up with random strangers contacting them to tell them. They could be extremely rude to you, or even suspicious that you are trying to scam them. Even if they were happy to hear from you, there is nothing that they can do to stop the scammers using the photos. THe best thing to do is just leave them to their peace and don't intrude on their lives.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#382486 by h_ammy Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 am
I am not too proud to say that this just happened to me. This person followed me on Instagram and messaged me. Naturally I was genuinely curious so I accepted his follow request and had a bit of a look into his account, his account was very generic. He had very few followers, but was following many people and he had 7 posts altogether (now from watching Catfish I know that an account that looks like this isn’t a good sign). His name was “March Hughes” and apparently he was deployed in Afghanistan. In the pictures on his Instagram account he had a daughter and a dog. When “March” messaged me he started with this whole spiel of how his wife cheated on his with his best friend and he caught them and was heartbroken because she and him already had a daughter. Now this was where I started getting suspicious, I asked him a few questions about his daughter and he just gave me very generic answers, like, she’s 7 and her favourite colour is pink and her name is “Angie” but then when we continued in the conversation, after a while I brought “Angie” up again and he replied with “who?”. Then when I questioned him he sent me this: Thank you for the comfortable conversations and for asking me to be yours. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your love and wanting to make me your husband. No matter how slowly or at what distance our courtship developes, I know standing before God and our future family, vowing to be your partner for life..” and I copied that and googled it and it lead to this page. Although I am disappointed in myself for nearly falling for his tricks I’m glad I didn’t and I hope that my experience can help another person safeguard themselves from this.