If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#438848 by VictorAnthony Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:42 pm
I'm currently seeking employment, so my resume is posted on many sites on the internet. In January, I received a very vague email from [email protected], asking if I would consider a remote position in procurement. Procurement of what? I didn't know, but I was sure to get more details if it led to anything. I was instructed to send my resume to [email protected], which I did. On March 1, I was contacted by Kaylee Rain, [email protected], (347)-871-5926 or (347)-973-6505, asking if I was still interested in the opportunity; and if I was, to provide my phone number (which was on the resume), allow a background and credit check, whether I was looking for full or part-time work, and when I was available to begin. I would be contacted by March 7 if accepted for the position. No interview - first red flag. However, I complied. On March 7, I was sent a very professional-looking offer letter. In it, I was offered $3,800.00 full-time or $2,400.00 part-time every two weeks after a two-week trial period. It also included health insurance and vacation time.

The email included many documents, including company history, a website, which looked very professional, and the job description:

"We are an internationally active logistics, import/export, device distribution, trading, and procurement company. Depending on our client's needs, we are prepared to provide a single specific service or a combination of them. We work closely with our clients initially to understand their needs, based on which we can provide the right resources at the right time and for just as long as is required to maximize the benefit to our clients while minimizing costs. We believe in what we are doing, and we live with passion in what we are doing. This drives our investments in companies' shareholding in numerous countries."

https://stscworld.com

"The key role is to plan, perform, and finalize purchasing and procurement process for the company's international clients. In this role, you would be responsible for sourcing and purchasing services and goods from multiple locations, purchasing the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts, researching and evaluating suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities, as well as supplier's reputation and history. The position is responsible for picking up different items from vendors, item inspection, and shipping preparations. Shipping duties are involved only for orders weighing up to 20 lbs. Shipping can be done by the vendor shipping service or by using appropriate shipping services, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. The local company’s US warehouse address and shipping method/instructions will be provided. The position has a flexible schedule, and you must be able to work under minimum or no supervision. You must always be flexible enough to accept work assignments/tasks by email and/or phone. Perform all other duties assigned by the supervisor as appropriate."

This is where it gets interesting! In the two-week trial period, I would purchase items on my credit card. Remember, I condoned a background and credit check, and they knew I had a large balance on my card. No go, EXCEPT I would receive the customers' payment first, so I would purchase nothing until I received funds and my credit card was paid. I also spoke to Ms. Rain at least four times during this process. I voiced my skepticism regarding no interview, and she said STS had divided the country into regions, and I had the best resume in my region FOR A TWO-WEEK TRIAL. She reiterated that I would be paid for transactions before spending any of my money and receive a company credit card should they extend the position past two weeks. She told me her company was founded in 2004 and has 47 employees, including drivers and warehouse staff. When I asked why I couldn't find her or STS Consulting on LinkedIn, she sent me several sites, including NYS and .GOV websites, where the company was credentialed.

In my thorough research of this offer, I've discovered that it is a common SCAM. The payment of my salary and customer funding to pay off my credit card is made with stolen accounts. They will process in the short game, but will later be discovered, my credit card recharged, and any salary returned. I'm not sure of my culpability, but it is a known scam.

I hope this helps someone else doing the same research. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is!
Advertisement

#438849 by AlanJones Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:45 pm
Thanks for posting details of this scam, it will help other's avoid being scammed.

From the WhoIs for fake site stscworld.com
Creation Date: 2023-02-21T10:18:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-02-21T10:18:34Z

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

From the fake site stscworld.com
STS CONSULTING Inc
875 6th Ave, New York, NY 10001, USA

28 Liberty St., New York, Ny 10005, USA

+1 347 973 3441
+1 347 879 0951
+1 347 871 5926

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#439422 by Parimutuel Thu May 11, 2023 11:39 am
These people use your credit to launder money and items that go to CHINA. everything on here is accurate, Kaylee will call then send a well written offer letter, they will even offer to pay off your credit cards so you can use them to buy Apple products and gift cards them ship them to China. They will run your cards up two or three times until your bank or credit card company catches on then they will deny the original and all payments to your CC leaving you holding the ball.