Information on romance scams and scammers.
#404603 by Prickelpit Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:09 pm
Hello - I am from Berlin, Germany...

I want to introduce myself and I think, I am at the right place here to share my story.

Three weeks ago I was contacted via facebook. The lady was friends of mine with a Facebook friend. so I didn't think anything of it. She was a doctor and all alone in St Paul, we got talking and were very friendly. then she supposedly had to go to syria. from there she asked me to send her Itunes cards because she had no internet. I became suspicious because you cannot buy the Internet with these cards. afterwards she talked about her father's house in florenc. she would now sell it for a million euros. But there would still be so many documents and whether they could send them to me. I now knew I was being cheated by a scammer. we were still in contact today. he doesn't know i know. I'm still flirting with him. should i just cancel the contact? I would also like to harm him somehow. what do you all mean?
Advertisement

#404604 by AlanJones Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 pm
It's a definite scam. The best thing for you to do is to block contact with the scammer. Do not accuse him, he will just deny it. Just block him and disappear.

Please post all his contact details, his other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#404605 by Prickelpit Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:32 pm
Hi Alan,

thx for the answer so quickley!

ok: she/he has the Name BiancaMelissa. She told me, she comes from St Paul, U.S. now she is in Syria. I send her a ITunes Giftcard (30€), another ITunes Giftcard I send to myself and gave her the code. But she said, she need a card from the shop, and I have to take a photo and send to her. I did this. Also she asked me for sending a photo of the receipt, but I didn´t do that. I could transfer the money from the 2. Giftcard and from the card from the shop on my account, after I recognized, that she was a scammer. So, the hole story is not so bad - I lost 30€.

I have the email Adress and a few fotos. May I post this also here?

Thx for your support

M
#404606 by AlanJones Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Please post the email address. It's that most victims will search for.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#404607 by Prickelpit Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:04 pm
be careful:

[email protected]

I found nothing about her. Also the return search of the photos are without any result.

The Facebook Account is closed: search for Bianca Melissa ... last post 30.12. ...there are some pictures.

I am so sorry for this lady...
#404810 by Prickelpit Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:09 am
Yes ... that´s the scammer ...

Yesterday I got a video call via hangout. But the avatar was not bianca but a man with a hood behind a computer. The face was black like anonymous. I thought he found out now that I know he's a scammer. I didn´t answered the call. But in the evening there was another message from bianca. She asked me how I was and everyone looked normal. I have just received an email. Bianca wanted to send me documents that I should receive. Last week I gave her a wrong phone number and the wrong address (from a police station ...; -) ...). now a logistic company (XPO) has written to me that the package is on the way and I should click on the link to track the package. Of course I didn't. What should I do now?
#404811 by AlanJones Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:16 am
I already told you what to do:

The best thing for you to do is to block contact with the scammer. Do not accuse him, he will just deny it. Just block him and disappear.

All the time you remain in contact with him, he will see you as a potential victim and continue trying to scam you.

#404812 by Prickelpit Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:33 am
Thank Alanjones

One more question: This package is now on its way to Berlin with an official package company. What is the business model behind it? I would never accept the package. It is said to cost over $ 3,000. It would go back. Or will another supplier come first? It doesn't make sense to me.
#404813 by AlanJones Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 am
The package doesn't exist.

The scamer would write to you claiming to be the courier and asking for fees or taxes to be paid in order to deliver the package.

#404814 by Prickelpit Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:14 am
But there is a official tracking code on the official side of the logistic company (Xpo-logistic) Package was send from Florenz Airport and is on the way... I put the code that XPO - Logistics send to me on the official side and got all informations about that package.

What do you think?

Sorry for asking so many questions - first time I get scammed...
#404819 by AlanJones Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:44 pm
The domain xpodelivering.com is fake. The scammers have set it up so that they can use it as proof that the non-existent package is trackable.

The domain was only registered at the end of December, by someone using a privacy service to hide their identity
Creation Date: 2019-12-31T13:23:10.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-12-31T13:23:10.00Z

Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.

The real website for the delivery company is xpo.com, which the scammers have copied.