Information on romance scams and scammers.
#365386 by JamesWatts1976 Wed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm
I was on Tagged. This girl, Kristy Wells, answers a match me and it says on her profile she is 19. We start talking and she is rarely online, but eventually asks for my cell. I give it to her and we text a couple of times. She is rarely texting. One night she texts and wants to know about dirty things and she starts sending photos. She asks for one of me and as an idiot all worked up I send one. This happens on two different nights. The second night she gets me all worked up and then drops the bombshell. Hey babe, I have a secret I am only 16. It takes me a few minutes to wrap my head around it and I stop replying. The next night, her Dad Mike, calls mas as hell and talking about going to the police and his wife was upset. we continue a dialogue for a few days and Mike says that his wife and daughter got into a fight over it and damaged their sliding glass door and that he had to borrow 1200 dollars to fix it. He said he didn't want to go to the police and drag his family through the emotional damage or risk having social services involved. He said if I paid them back for the door, everything would go away and neither of us would have to hear from the other ever again. He said he wanted me to talk to his wife and apologize to her, yet she never got on the phone. And in the recent dialogue, he doesn't even bring the apology up again. He said I could pay in 50 dollar increments using a pre-paid card from Wal-greens and when I got the card to email him the pin number after scratching off the Silver Strip. Is this a scam, things don't sit right. Like the pictures are mostly poses, not selfies and look to be in some hotel as one was in a chair that looked like a hotel chair. And this Mike said they were bathroom taken. This happened in Bessemer, Al. 205 730 5907 Mike
Advertisement

#365607 by Terminator5 Sat May 26, 2018 2:13 am
Thank you for posting your experiences on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this Blackmail / Extortion Scam .

Daniel 8 :25
#367227 by AlmostAVictim Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 pm
Thank god I found this site! I found myself in a situation that was exactly the same as many of the posts I have read today on this topic. I was on the app Badoo last night and was chatting with this girl, white blonde hair username “Aimequeen”.

Her badoo profile stated she was 22 so I didn’t think anything of it so we are chatting for just a few minutes and she suggests that we text. So we exchange #s and the conversation moves to text messages.

First red flag was her numbers area code was from PA near Philadelphia yet her badoo profile says she lives in North Carolina.

We’re chatting for an hour or so then she proceeds to tell me she is not 22 but rather 17 “but my birthday is in 3 weeks” she tells me. I kindly tell her that I cannot and will not meet her or hang out with her as she is a minor. I tell her that maybe after her birthday when she is 18 maybe we can meet up and hang out but I repeat again that I will not meet up with her until then.

We begin talking about innocent things like music and movies we like then she says she’s “feeling horny” I laugh it off and do not engage her in sexual conversation.

She sends me a picture that I never asked her to send of supposedly herself in pajamas(no nudity). We continue to talk about a movie and I end up falling asleep with the phone in my hand.

When I wake up the next morning I have a text from her which shows a thin white blonde girl nude bent over on a bed. The bedframe and the room itself was entirely different from the first photo she sent in her pajamas mind you so red flag #2. I immediately delete the conversation as I do not want nude images of a potential minor in my passion whatsoever under any circumstance.

Fast forward to around 10am and a random number out of South Carolina calls me. I answer the phone and it’s this angry guy yelling and claiming to be her father. Just like I have seen so many other people on here report this man had a heavy southern accent and was hard to hear/understand at times. So I’m freaking out at this point even though I know I had done nothing wrong or illegal. He goes on to telling me that he lives in south Caroline and his daughter lives with her mother and her mother saw her phone and wants to call the cops and now they must send their daughter to some behavioral program now because “we didn’t raise her like this” he goes on to say it’s going to cost them around $2500 and that insurance won’t pay for it unless he files a report.

He tells me he wants to settle this without calling the “authorities” and that I need to pay for half of the cost or the mother is going to call the cops. That’s when I realize that they’re trying to extort me for money. I tell him I do not have any money and send him a link with places for treatment that are free or covered by insurance he again says insurance won’t cover it without a police report which I know is bullshit because my parents sent me to such a place when I was a teen.

So he says he’s going to call the mother and tell her I won’t pay and to call the cops. At this point I have now found scamwarners and have read quite a few members posts detailing nearly the exact same thing.

He calls me back and I tell him I’m not paying and to go ahead and call the police as i haven’t violated any laws. He said he’d see me in court and hasn’t called or text me back all day.

Fast forward about 3 hours later ad I get another call from another phone number that’s from PA. I pick up and it’s a man going by the name of Mike Orchard who runs a private investigator company called Beacon investigations, for what it’s worth if it matters this was definitely not the same man who called pretending to be the father, he is most certainly black and speaks with slang and poor Grammar.

I ask what he’s calling about and he says “I’m calling about crystal, uh I mean Amie” tells me the parents are very angry and that I need to talk to him but I tell him I’ll call him back later. When I said I’d call back he quickly says if you have a lawyer have them call me and we hang up.

I go to google and search his name and the PI company name to find a scam alert as the very first google result so by now I’m pretty positive I was almost a victim of this type of scam.

I look the PI company up on Facebook and the last thing that was posted was all the way back from 2010. I have not gotten a call or text the rest of the day from any of these 3 numbers. I have deleted my badoo account, changed my FB picture and deactivated it per the suggestion of users here. I screen shot her profile for the purpose of uploading it here on this post but I cannot figure out how to attach it. Don’t have a url of the image

So to recap this started on the dating app Badoo.
Girls username was (Amiequeen) thin blonde white girl
The number she gave me was ‭+1 (267) 907-4769‬
The “fathers” number was ‭+1 (803) 800-0293‬
The PI “mike orchard” number was ‭+1 (267) 203-4162‬

Hope this helps someone avoid this scam.
#367230 by Terminator5 Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 pm
Scam Report It.

Thanks for posting your experiences to Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims .

#368005 by Ash Solo Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:14 pm
Met a girl on okcupid said she was 28 from a town near me in CT. Long story short she quickly wanted my number so we started texting and she deleted her profile soon after. She then quickly sent me a half naked pic of her and me being clueless I sent her one back. Then she says she 16 out of nowhere and I freak out and delete the messages. The first of many red flags is that it is an 803 number. Then the next day I get a call from the same # (803)-459-2863 claiming to be her father saying she was 15 and his wife was really upset, then says he needs to call me back. He calls me back and says the police came and took their laptop and wanted me to pay for it using cashapp for 1300, then he won’t report me. I then block the number thinking it’s a scam and the next day get a long text-message from a google voice 440 number saying he was a private investigator “Phillip Williams” and he wanted to get both sides of the story before going to a judge to get the warrant signed. Has anybody else had a similar experience? I’m really nervous I changed my number idk if I should just ignore and move on, or what. If anyone else had this problem let me know. The first number was out of S. Carolina. It’s been a week but I’m still freaking out!
#368084 by Cttoasn84 Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:06 pm
Met a girl on OKCupid. Richmond VA area.

Immediately she become sexual. 20 years old with some very blurry pictures.

Give her my number but don’t hear from her for a couple days.

Then I hear from her and she starts right off with pictures and sex talk.

She pushes for pics of me. I send two faceless pictures but definitely Xrated.

We keep planning to meet and chat.

I don’t hear anything for about a day. Then I randomly get

“Hello”

And then a couple hours later

“Sir this is Amanda's father Brian now i haven't pressed charges yet but im seriously considering it since im in trouble with Cps and her mother after the incident . Im disgusted by these photographs and disappointed of you disrespecting that uniform. My daughter is only 16 years old and not not going to stand by and just do nothing””

So I freak out and start apologizing. I tell him I’ll show him her profile that lists her as 20.

He calls.

Thick Southern drawl. Said he had a big fight after he caught her making me a video. Then she tried killing her self that night. She was staying with him because he is divorced and the mother lives in SC and she was up here in VA visiting. Said CPS and cops are on his ass and he is close to giving me to them to make them see it wasn’t his fault.

Tells me all about how he doesn’t want to hurt me and that he can tell imma good guy.

Said he needs to talk to his ex wife.

Calls back and said she wants to turn me in, but that he is keeping her at bay.

Boils down to he wants $500 to fly her back to SC. Then 1500 for counseling.

Wants western union or Walmart to Walmart.

I’m still freaked and I said I’d do PayPal for the 500 but couldn’t do the 1500.

He said they would do a payment plan for the 1500.

Concurrently I am googling his number and scams and I find this place . THANK GOD.

He keeps texting and I blow him off. Telling me not to make him look bad. He canceled an appointment with an investigator already. Said his wife wants to talk to me. He calls and I ignore it. I get a call from an j known VA number. I ignore it.

This has got to be he same guy who has been doing this for years!

Can we not figure him out and stop him?

His number : 864-492-8496
Random number to call: 804-294-1121
#368085 by Terminator5 Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 pm
Scam . Report it on the IC3 Website.

#368086 by Terminator5 Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 pm
Can you post a link to the profile on ok Cupid so we can look at it ?

#368110 by Cttoasn84 Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:52 am
It was taken down about 5min after he called.

So I haven’t heard from them since about 6pm yesterday. Only one call from each number and that was it.

I don’t expect they are done though.
#368112 by AlanJones Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:10 am
Block the numbers and don't respond.

All the time you are interacting with him, he will view you as a paying victim and carry on. If he has no response then he will give up and move on to his next victim, as it isn't worth his while wasting time on someone who isn't going to pay.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#368113 by Tim Atem Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:11 am
Don't believe them and don't give in to their threats. They will say anything to scare you. Follow the advice given in the first post of this thread. Also, file a complaint with IC3, give them as much information as possible: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5