Information on romance scams and scammers.
#258970 by Homer Said Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:24 pm
I was told to come here by the friendly people at 419eater. Somebody i know has been in contact with a scammer for several months, but this one didn't use fake pictures. She was on Skype with him every day (with cam), so i doubt the pictures i obtained are stolen or manipulated. I don't have ALL info atm, but i'll fill in the gaps once i get more facts.

This shitlord called himself Benoit Williams, he claims to be a native american who's part of the Cupeño tribe. His wife died of cancer and he has a daughter in college.
Work : claims to be an independant contractor for Oil Rigs (in this case he had a massive deal going on in Helsinki, Finland with Neste Oil. His email adresses (that i know of) are [email protected] and [email protected]. His phonenumber is : 001 (585)496-6600.

After the romancing part, he decided he wanted to go live with her, tried to make her sign a Next-Of-Kin document that would name her the sole beneficiary should anything happens to him (well, we live in hope :wink: ) He then asked her to order planetickets to visit him and he paid them afterwards. He also transfered an undisclosed amount of money to her account. She should spend some of it and put the rest of it into her savings account. Once he was done with the job, he would move to her country and they would open a mutual account.

Two days before she had to depart everything on his part went silent and that's when she finally woke up. He cried mea culpa and claims to still be in love with her :lol: He keeps calling her 'till this day. She met him on match.com, his handle there is a blanc for now. But now he's also active on a german datingsite under the handle of benniwilli1.

He also sends emails from the company lawyer, don't remember the email adress, but it's a @lawyer.com one.

Like i said, i'll give more facts once i get them, now let's get to the pictures, no need to watermark these i think since this is the guy she saw on Skype the whole time (for 3-4 hours a day).

He claims that's his daughter in the pic

Him, his so called associate "Jones" and the company driver :lol:

Him and "Jones"

And a few of his fake documents :

Last edited by Homer Said on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#258977 by Dotti Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm
I'm going to ask that you still watermark the photos.

The documents are obvious scams, of course, but more importantly, the format of the scam, the claims of the scammer, and certain mistakes in the fake documents are consistent with an African scammer. The phone number is a VOIP which means the scammer can be anywhere.

Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for victims of romance scams to become defensive, and even to flat-out lie when confronted by family and friends, in an attempt to save face. When faced with the suspicion of friends and family, the victim realizes (at least on some level) that it does not look good that they are so invested in a relationship with someone they have never seen live. It is not at all uncommon for a victim to claim that he/she has been on webcam with their scammer, and even to claim they have met the scammer in person, only to have it become very clear later on that it never happened.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#258981 by Homer Said Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:56 pm
Oops, according to the male-scammers site, his location is Lagos (Nigeria). You might be right on the money, Dotti, i've already changed the pictures.

I Always questioned his american heritage. I was told he used the term "just a few mints" instead of just a sec or just a minute...no way that this was an american.